• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustments to Photomerge Panorama Before Merge if Finalized

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Elements 2021, and trying to do a photomerge panorama.  Apparently the only method to do this is in the Guided mode.  After the Guided mode does its initial photomerge of the selected photos, is there any method to adjust the photos before the merge is finalized? In earlier versions of Photoshop Elements I could manually adjust the photos (if needed) before I completed the merge.  Even more importantly, I could manually add photos that the program could not automatically merge.  I frequently made manual adjustments to the photomerges made in earlier versions of Elements, and it's hard to believe that the newest version has no method to do this.  

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear User,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am working on reproducing this issue at my end. Will update you soon.

Regards,

Geetanjali 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Elements 2021, and trying to do a photomerge panorama.  Apparently the only method to do this is in the Guided mode.  After the Guided mode does its initial photomerge of the selected photos, is there any method to adjust the photos before the merge is finalized? In earlier versions of Photoshop Elements I could manually adjust the photos (if needed) before I completed the merge.  Even more importantly, I could manually add photos that the program could not automatically merge.  I frequently made manual adjustments to the photomerges made in earlier versions of Elements, and it's hard to believe that the newest version has no method to do this.  

By @joe21846739hqkb

To follow your previous post about the same issue:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/photoshop-elements-15-no-panorama-merg...

You don't state which older versions you were using with different customization options.

That's already a number of versions of Elements in which Adobe decided to offer a new panorama photomerge with enhanced automatic settings and less customization. That's a marketing choice to adapt to the targeted 'consumer' market of Elements users. So, it's not a bug and there is little chance that the old feature will be reinstated.

- for more customization, use the 'pro' Adobe softwares (subscription required)

- exit the Photomerge process by going to the 'Expert' mode with the layers and masks in your layer palette

- or, better, if possible, keep your old PSE Elements installed together with the new one.

- panoramas are fun, but they are very marginal for PSE users. Panorama experts will certainly search for dedicated softwares (some free or low cost). In my opinion, typical PSE users should think much more often about a very useful case where the current Photomerge works well: simple hand-held panos of two or three shots when you don't have a wide enough angle lens. I love shooting with a fixed focal lens (35mm equivalent) and I should use the feature more often for landscapes. I have even tested manual shooting 4 shots of a relatively big painting in a corridor, where it was impossible to shoot perpendicularly to the wall. The automatic result was ok with only classical perspective correction from the merged result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Michael, thanks for your response.  I previously was using PSE 11.  Although there doesn't seem to be a direct answer to my question, I am inferring from your comments that the answer is "no," there is no way to manually adjust the photos before the merge is finalized. I frequently do photomerges of photos and large scanned images, so at this point, I have reinstalled PSE 11 to use when the new PSE version will not properly merge my photos and scans. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines