• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe are saying they are no longer supporting my Windows explorer which I use for PSE 2020

Participant ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When going to use PS Elements 2020 I get the message my current Windows Explorer is no longer supported and say I must update to Windows 11 and also suggested I use Microsoft edge which I do not want to do : I use Firefox.

If I decide not to update, does that mean I will be unable topurchase any future versions of PS Elements ?

Thank you

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is news to me. I read online earlier today that Windows 11 can be installed manually for licensed users of Windows 10, but it is not rcommeded to do so at this time. Apparently there are still some problems. It is anitcipated that the widespread Microsoft update will occur later this year or early next year.

If your current version of PSE functions ok, I would ignore this message. Further, it is anticipated that Adobe will bring an upgrade of PSE to market later this Fall. At that time the system requirements should be defined. Sit tight!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you hatstead, I will take your advice and wait untill later in the Autumn ( as Fall is called this side of the pond ).

Also thanks to Peru Bob and Glenn for their input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message doesn't say Windows 11, but Internet Explorer 11.

This may be the issue:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/tls-1-0-and-1-1-support/td-p/12237746

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install adobe could for desktop, and run with it.  It just works (it makes that message go away).

Install it, then ignore it- you don't need to worry about getting signed up for any subscriptions either- tha'ts an urban legend. 

|https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you have a license key for Elements 2020, Please download the latest installer from Adobe.com and try using it for installation, the message should not be displayed with the latest installers available.

Thanks

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some simmilar issues with the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 Version.

I tried installing it from DVD and it brought up an error message that my current system is no longer supported.
I installed the available Registry Fix but then ran into another error message.

I'm running Windows 11 with all updates installed.

Before the upgrade to Windows 11 I installed it using Windows 10 and everything worked as expected,
but trying to start Photoshop Elements 2020 Windows 11 is now telling me that I have to uninstall and reinstall it first.

I tried the Installer for 64Bit for Windows from the Adobe Account Product Download Section
but this stops the installer with 0% and say installation error, restart required.
This also happens after restarting it.

The Installer for Adobe Photoshop Version 2021 however does continue without an error message.
Do I have to add a new license for Version 2021 or can I use my Photoshop Elements Version 2020 with Windows 11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved my installation issue.

I completed the installation with the Photoshop Elements 2021 Installer and signed into my Adobe Account.
Then I closed the Photoshop Elements 2021 Window and was then able to run the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 installer (PhotoshopElements_2020_LS30_win64) without any error messages. (I'm a bit confused why it's able to run after running the Photoshop Elements 2021 installer once)
In Photoshop Elements 2020 I entered my serial number and started the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 Updater to get the latest updates.

Now my Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 is running in Windows 11 as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines