• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud downaloded without my permission.

Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the stand-alone Photoshop Elements 2021 and successfully installed it.  But to my surprise Adobe Creative Cloud was also installed without my knowing it.  I tried to delete it but it refuses to go away unless I removed the other Photoshop apps.  PSE is the only one I want, and I do not welcome any other intrusions.

TOPICS
Actions , Creative , Download and install , Feature request , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'Creative Cloud' is not what you think. It's not only a platform for launching and managing 20 or 40 Adobe services you don't care about and to which you don't want to subscribe. As such it is free and does not imply any subscription. It does not take significant disk space and does not really slow down your work. To be clear, if you don't like both words, simply ignore them and work like before.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/benefits-creative-cloud-free-membership.html

What is new with PSE2021 (already used by thousands of users since nearly one year)?

It is part of the installation files for the PSE2021 package, at least for some users. It looks like it's a bit experimental and does not get many comments and help from Adobe, except that it offers a free small Cloud space giving new opportunities for PSE users to share their files, especially to share files with friends or with other Adobe Apps you may have. For instance, you can have the Bridge management software for free, which is a different system than the organizer and which gives you more power for managing metadata. You don't need to have a Cloud app like OneDrive or Dropbox to send a link to a big batch of new files to share.

As such, it's a chunk in the many files PSE installs in many locations of your System, and you don't have to give your permission for each of those different chunks.

As I see it, this is an experimental step, and we'll have to see what comes out of this in future versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue here, I don'tlike when softwares install themself without a permission. It's called spam or spyware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines