Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Elements 2024 Will Not Install

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier on this year tried the elements 2023 trial - everything fine

Deleted it this week and went on and paid for elements 2024 but when I tried to install it, despite the fact that it throws up a web page saying I am logged in, the smaller install page says 'failed to login'

Retry and repeated downloads went nowhere, I even used the adobe cleaner to clean all and still no go.

I cannot even get anyone to speak to me for to solve this and just keep getting thrown into the self help dialogs that go round in circles.

I have a nearly new laptop with a RTX 3000 series card that ran elements 2023 trial so it must be able to run 2024

I have tried everything and reached the end of my patience and now have contacted paypal to get my money back.

All the new free software on the web that includes ai works like a charm and costs me nothing!

Adobe on the other hand want to present me with a nightmare and charge good money for it.

At least Microsoft step in when you're having any problems with their software and fix it for you.

Adobe just leave you out in the cold!

'Give us the money and then get somebody else to fix our software problems for you'

Customers paying good money should not be shuffled away to fend for themselves.

If adobe cannot hack delivering online downloads then they should return to producing disks.

There is definitely a major problem in adobes online service that they are refusing to acknowledge.

How many other customers like me are having to walk away and use other software?

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually?  Not too many.  What do they all have in common?  Virtually all with similar problems are user caused.

Any number of things can cause your issues:   VPN's, incomplete installs, incomplete uninstalls, running a BETA OS is always a good one-- users often don't realize it's beta for a reason- and become upset when software doesn't work.  Now don't forget how Apple likes to update their OS every few months with a new version--- making older versions of PSE quickly useless.

"But I know my way around computers"---such users often forget to tell people about unique things they have done:  editing their system registry--- having two ani-virus programs running at the same time,  manually deleting files "because they're not needed" after installing----stuff like that are things users often forget to tell us about.

What many who "know their way around computers" fail to do:  simply restarting their computer.  Doing that clears up off behavior with the program, or installing the program.

" it throws up a web page saying I am logged in, the smaller install page says 'failed to login'"  what does?   Adding screenshots to things saves tons of time: sometimes what a user describes is totally different than is what is actually on the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum, not Adobe Corporate. You need to contact Adobe directly

You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Help & Support menu at Adobe.com. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post is a perfect example of how to get blocked from this adobe community. 

Please review the community guidlines.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/adobe-community-guidelines/td-p/47881...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read the replies but thankfully another user already posted the solution which is unbelievable and yet works!

I am a pensioner and have used computers and adobe software for half my life.

I have a HND in computing so normally I can work anything out by myself.

On adobe's download page it should really warn all users not to use a wifi connection to install their software.

An ethernet cable connected between computer and modem is mandatory

A really smart user on this very forum came up with the solution.

I would never have thought of that having moved on ages ago to a wireless connection.

Full marks to the community!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a workaround for a unique situation. An ethernet cable is definitely not mandatory.

@Michael33399970zl5u wrote:

another user already posted the solution which is unbelievable and yet works!

Got a liink to that post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was something similar about 6 months ago-- it involved a printer connecting thru wifi interfering with the installation.   Also seem to recall a user or two having to use a network cable to their router just for installation of pse. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds plausible. Still sounds unique to that specific Wifi environment though. An ethernet cable to install PSE is definitely not mandatory for everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the word 'mandatory' to stress that the ethernet cable will guarantee you an install.

Spoke to a friend and they suggested that it could relate to anti pirating based on wifi allows every computer you have to log on as you and download and install lots of copies whereas the direct cable connection ensures one install.

Can't say I know too much about that but it does sound plausable.

The important point is that anyone who hits a problem installing their adobe software can use the ethernet cable scenario as an immediate quick fix.

I understand that adobe are using the adobe creative cloud in a similar fashion to verify some of their software installs such as photoshop so that you have to be signed in to the cloud before the software will install.

No doubt this could be achieved just using wifi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the word 'mandatory' to stress that the ethernet cable will guarantee you an install.

By @Michael33399970zl5u

Thanks for the clarification. Most people would interpret mandatory as cannot be installed without an ethernet cable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2024 Aug 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue here. Fresh installed Windows 11 and no matter what I try starting setup ends with a browser that confirms I'm logged on and setup should continue but it doesn't. A link with a manual login option is not working.

No setup, no software, no support. What todo next?

2024-08-26_16h14_10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines