Adobe Elements - Move license

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 1 license of Elements. I have uninstalled the software and unlinked from the PC in my Adode account. However (and after talking to an online support person) when I use the license key it states it is already in use and - if I try more than 3 times - it accuses me of using a torrent key. This product is not expensive, but I am going mad trying to find a solution. My only conclusion is that Adobe are trying to kill off all perpetual licenses to force users on to subscription. Any ideas please?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Elements are you using?  When you contacted Adobe support, did you ask them to deactivate your license?  Does the serial number show up in your Adobe account?

If you made a legitimate purchase and have a valid license, all you need do is ask support to deactivate the license and you should be able to install on a new machine or reinstall it on your old machine.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. I have a the license under my account and the support team wasted 1 hr of my time only to tell me I needed to talk to a new department. I have deactivated all computers on my account, including those I use for other products. I will try another support person or simply buy again. Thanks again

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Elements are you using?  And how are you deactivating it on your machines?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to everyone who helped. After nearly buying a license from a third party pretending to be Adobe, I found a good contact at Adobe and the answer was that V15 of Elements is not longer supported in the lastets versions of Windows 10. I have now purchased a 2022 license (very well hidden on Adobe sites) and moved on with my life. Thanks again for trying to help me.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's very disappointing that you received misleading advice from Adobe support.  For others who run into the same problem, you should know that Elements 15 works just fine on Windows 10.  And while you will not receive any official support from Adobe, they are required to deactivate your license so that you can reinstall or install on another machine.

Having said that, there are a number of new features in Elements 2022 that were not present in Elements 15.  So, I hope you make use of them.

And, yes, Elements is treated like an orphan child on the Adobe website and it is very difficult to find the information about it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines