• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADOBE HELP NEEDED! - Photoshop Elements - Menu Font Size

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been looking at many answers evnoloving the font issue with Elements 2022. I am hoping someone from Abobe will be willing to help at some point. This issue seems to be fairly wide spread. I called and again this is my opinion be I could not help but feel like the techs at Adobe were not having this issue so it is not happening. I have been reading on many different sites and in my opinion people seem to be missing two important fact. The first being the issue is not with any other program therefore it is not a windows setting all that is doing is messing with the other programs. The second being the issue is not the same across the menu (titles) and drill-down menus. So one change alters all those and the issue is not creating problems with all of them. I firmly believe this is a programing issue that someone at Adobe needs to believe us and either create an area where you can modify all settings or create a fix. I have attached some images that hopefully will help someone guide us to a solution.  This Elements build has been out too long without a solution. 

Basic Information -

Elements 2022

Windows 11

This is the only program having issue. 

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/menu-fonts-in-elements-2022/m-p/127481...

What's your display size in inches and its size in pixels?

The change of the font size of the dropdown menus is an attempt to solve the problem of the many users of high res displays on small laptops. They would need a magnifier glass. So, the change which makes those users happy is disturbing other users as being unaesthetic.

Read the answer from Adobe.

Remember that the introduction of high res displays ten years ago was incompatible with the UI assets used by the old PSE editor and PS. It took nearly 5 years working with Microsoft to find a relatively satisfying workaround with the 200% ratio. Making the PSE editor interface scalable like more recent apps would require a totally new rewriting with the result that the majority of PSE users would bitterly complain about the changes and learning curve...

Just note that I would never use a high res display myself. I am using the 1920 x 1080 or 1200 pixels resolution on a 24" display at a reasonable distance in controlled ambient lighting. My vision is correct and I can perfectly read the menu fonts. No problem at all to zoom in and out for the image itself without zooming with my feet. Side by side, an high res display won't show me a visible detail difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. Although I understand the logic behind not wanting to rewrite PSE but I have owned 19many other versions and this is the fist one that has the issue. Prior to upgrading to 2022 it was fine. So I find it hard to understand how the issue is getting worse as technology gets better. Currently my display is set at the default for my machine. 3840 X 2160 the default scale factor is 225%. 

I tried your recommendations for the setting and adjusted mine to match your 1920 X 1080. It did alter the drill-down menus to what appeared to be the correct size but again this alters all other programs. One software should not drive how all other software responds. Additionally, it does not seem logical that a software is holding back technology. The high res displays are becoming standard. The other issue I find perplexing is why this is not a standard problem for everyone using a display at a higher resolution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There does indeed seem to be a problem on high res displays with Photoshop Elements 2022 in regards to menu font size. It's strange that this problem is NOT present in the Organizer menus or with Adobe Prmiere Elements 2022 menus - the large font problem only shows in Elements. The 2021 versions of all 3 programs are fine - consistent menu fonts on high res displays for all 3. Come on Adobe - listen to the reports from multiple users and get this fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines