• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Organizer search through album names

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my photos are sorted under albums and album categories with descriptive titles.  This seemed to be the natural way to organize and group my photos.  However, the search function seems to only only finds matches if the album name starts with with the first characters I type.  And the Find function will searh through file names but not album names.  This seems terribly limiting.  For instance: If I have an album named 'Overnight bike ride at Cape Cod with John Jones'  I have to search for 'overnight' , not 'bike ride', not 'Cape Cod', not Jones or John  Am I really supposed to remember exactly what the title is for 300+ albums?  I must be missing something.  Would appreciate help if anyone can.

TOPICS
Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What's your Elements version?

Do you use the "Search" button on the top right of the screen, next to the magnifying glass icon?

If not, you are missing 90% of the searching power of the organizer.

You simply type 'bike' or 'ride' or 'Cape' ... and you'll get results within albums, keywords, captions or notes.

You can even search for a part of a word, "ashington" will find 'Washington".

You can combine your searches with the operators 'or', 'and' etc.

For albums, they are displayed in alphabetic order in the left panel.

In the old 'Find by detail' search, you can also browse that list in alphabetic order by scrolling with the 'include' operator which works about the same as the left panel. Of course, with 300 or more albums, you might save time by grouping your albums in categories as you would do with keywords.

https://helpx.adobe.com/elements-organizer/using/enhanced-search.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines