Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 on DELL with Windows 11 - 2 issues

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help would be appreciated -

I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 - I only use it to download from my camera my photos.   

1. Each time I look at my photos I am told I need to dowload update. I do it on exit each time. Then when I go in again it tell me to get update.  What is going wrong or am I doing wrong?

2. My inetrnet speed is very slow (old copper line) and I had this new laptop last August and it runs Windows 11.  It took me awhile to realise down in the bottom right hand corner the 'Cloud' was operating. So! I learnt the hard way as I thought something was wrong with new laptop as it was SO slow.  I have now learnt to disable the Cloud. 

3. The result of stopping the cloud was a lot of files had been transferred over - which for me is a nuisnace. But - now my question is when I look at my phtos there is a little box in top left corner with a question mark. If I click on photo it is trying to locate it - but I guess it is up on the Cloud.

Summary - 

(a) Now cloud is disabled should all new photos go back visually as my album used to display them, when I could select and forward to family via an email?  In other words I can backup on external drive as before with photos not having a ? box.

(b) Why does the same update want to keep loading? each time I exit?

Thank you

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, the easy answer.  Stop trying to update PSE 13.  I have not found a solution to this failure which AFAIK only affects this version. (I have all versions since PSE 10 installed on my computer.)  When the update box pops up, simply select the Remind Me Later choice from the dropdown box.

Snap_2022.06.24_14h18m6s_001.png

It's not clear to me what Cloud application you are using, or what settings you have applied to it.  I suspect that your photo files are being moved from your computer storage to your Cloud storage.  If that is the case, the Elements Organizer is expecting to find the files where you originally stored them.  If they have been moved automatically (and outside of the Organizer) to your Cloud storage, the Organizer will think they are missing - hence the question mark icon. 

To solve this problem, you need to store the files back in the original location on your computer.  (Although I believe it may be possible to reconnect the missing files with your Cloud storage, in my opinion this is not a good option for you, particularly since your internet connection is slow.)

For more information about setting up Cloud storage, see this HelpX article.

Added:  I suppose that the missing files issue could also be because of your slow internet connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines