• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Elements 18 Caption/Notes Error

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop Elements 2018 operating on a PC with Windows 10. I use it to organize my photos and to place them in various albums.  I always add a caption and notes to each picture when I load them into elements and then associate them with various albums that I have.  Recently it started giving me an error message when trying to add a note or caption.  Also when I add new photos they do not show up anywhere.  I am at a lost to what is going on.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't really help you without knowing more about the error message you are receiving and when it appears.  A screenshot would be most helpful.

What is your workflow for adding new photos?  Do you get any error messages when you import them?  Do you possibly have some filter applied?  Are the imported photos raw files from a newer camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dad, I was able to fix it by editing your elements datalog DB file. I removed all the rows in table db_change_timestamp_table and then elements '18 was able to rebuild the index successfully and then I was able to edit captions and notes without any errors. Also by removing those rows, elements'22 was able to successfully convert your '18 catalog over without errors. I think some of the rows were corrupted in that table and needed to be cleared out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

*elements catalog DB file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines