Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022 Needs to Work for BOOTCAMP Macs

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Technical Support,

I have been in Adobe Chat and phone conversations with Adobe Customer Care and Technical Support last year and I just want to pass on the message that Adobe Photoshop Elements (PE) 2022 does NOT work with Macs running Bootcamp dual-boot Windows 10 PC and Mac Monterey OS.  However, PE 2019 DID work with Bootcamp before the pandemic.  Now PE 2019 does not work with Bootcamp after uninstall and reinstall.

Adobe Tech Support knows of this issue and said that it will take 3-6 months to issue a downloadable patch for PE 2022 to work and run with Bootcamp.  I spend a lot of time using the Windows 10 side of my Mac with Bootcamp since I'm accustomed to the PC and the Mac is super-reliable.

Please pass this message to Adobe for an update.  I know that it's COVID-19 and software engineers and programmers are working from home, but there are a lot of Mac users running Bootcamp and using the Windows 10 side on their Macs.  So far, PE 2022 Bootcamp Windows 10 has grayed-out menus, the expanded tools don't work, there are no filters and effects, and there are no windows for layers and other features with Bootcamp. 

There may also be PE 2022 Adobe Creative Cloud Registry file errors and conflict with Norton Internet Security using Windows 10 and Bootcamp on a Mac.  I did not have these issues with PE 2019 as Adobe has updated it constantly before 2021 uninstall due to their Adobe Tech Support PE 2019 product communication with Bootcamp.

I know that Adobe Tech Support will say that Photoshop Elements is for Mac or PC only and not Bootcamp, so I've attached graphical proof of PE 2019 working with Bootcamp--I created "Abstract Tiles" on a Mac using Photoshop Elements 2019 running on Windows 10 and Bootcamp in 2021 before I uninstalled it for PE 2022.  I hope to have the same working results with Photoshop Elements 2022 this year :-).  Thanks and regards for fixing this PE 2022 and Mac Bootcamp issue.

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Download and install , Feature request , Mac , Performance , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please share the details of the issue that you face?

Does it work on Windows PC and not on Mac? or does it not work on any of the platforms?

Regards,

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vipin,

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for replying.

I have both the CD and download accesss for Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 and 2022.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 DID work fine, fully functional, on my Mac with BOOTCAMP running Windows 10 Home.  I have since uninstalled it and the Adobe Download for PE 2019 DOES NOT work with BOOTCAMP.  It's the patches that made PE 2019 work.  I should not have uninstalled PE 2019 before testing PE 2022.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022 DOES NOT FULLY WORK with Mac BOOTCAMP running Windows 10 Home.  It DOES work fine with Mac BOOTCAMP running MacOS Monterey 12.0, but I am normally a Windows user on a Mac with BOOTCAMP.  PE 2022 opens on both BOOTCAMP Mac and Windows, but menus aren't fully there and working on BOOTCAMP Windows PC Mac---they are grayed out and unclickable.

Adobe Tech Support said that Adobe does not support PE 2022 running Mac BOOTCAMP with Windows and to use it on the MacOS side, but again, PE 2019 worked fine on BOOTCAMP Mac Windows OS until I uninstalled it.

The problem with PE 2022 on Mac BOOTCAMP Windows 10 Home is that the menu windows (Layers, swatches, History, Effects, Tools, Filters, Type, etc.) are all grayed out and cannot be clicked open.  I cannot draw or design anything from scratch such as freehand.  Opening a photo in PE running BOOTCAMP Windows allows me to edit the photo, but the Expanded Tools pallete and layers DO NOT open so I am limited in what I can do and create.  Adobe Tech Support came in remotely to my Mac in January 2022 and saw what is wrong (admitted it was Adobe's fault) and then said that a patch will be available in six months after I called them...and that will be June 2022. 

Again, PE 2019 DID run fine with Windows BOOTCAMP Mac and I installed the latest Windows and MacOS upgrades so the problem is on the Adobe software side. I am attaching another graphic (created with Photoshop Elements 2019 in 2021 on BOOTCAMP Windows 10 Home using a Mac) to prove that PE 2019 worked FULLY FUNCTIONAL and fine with BOOTCAMP MacOS running Windows 10 Home.

I have a Mac desktop with 16 GB RAM and 64-bit x64 Processor with an Intel Core i5 3.70 GHz Mac.  PE 2022 should work on my Mac if the software is patched as I have the RAM and CPU power to do the graphics and photos if the PE 2022 software is patched for Mac BOOTCAMP Windows 10 Home.  Thanks, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vipin,

Here is my Mac BOOTCAMP Windows 10 Home Photoshop Elements 2022 screen with a blank canvas (see attachment).

* The Adjustments on the right side is all fixed and won't go away. 

* The Windows Menus are all clicked and grayed out and do not appear.

* The Tools Pallete is shortened and the Expanded Tools do not appear.

* There is no Color Swatches Window shown even though Color Swatches Window is clicked ON.

* There is no Layers Window shown even though Layers Window is clicked ON.

* Moving the mouse cursor is very slow and sluggish and often does not respond well.

* One cannot design and draw from scratch anymore on a blank canvas.  One has to open a photo to edit before some of the grayed-out menus appear functional, but that defeats the full functionality of PE 2022.

So Photoshop Elements 2022 is NOT FULLY FUNCTIONAL running Windows 10 Home on Mac BOOTCAMP via CD or download install, but as these graphics I created from scratch show, Photoshop Elements 2019 WAS FULLY FUNCTIONAL on Mac Bootcamp running Windows 10 Home in 2021 until I uninstalled it.

Thanks, Adobe :-)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed MacOS Monterey version 12.3 and the problem still remains on Windows 10 Home Photoshop Elements 2022 with the main screen just like the Screenshot.

Hopefully there will be a patch this year.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...if the PE 2022 software is patched for Mac BOOTCAMP Windows 10 Home...."  That's never going to happen- sometimes it really is that simple.

You are in quick mode- most of the menu choices are greyed out to begin with, that's why it's called quick mode. 
 'One has to open a photo to edit before some of the grayed-out menus appear functional, but that defeats the full functionality of PE 2022.'  Again, that is what happens when you are in quick mode-- use expert mode and all your concerns instantly go away.

What you posted was a screenshot of a new blank, white (non transpartent) canvas-- I can duplicate the exact same screenshot without any issues- the program is working as designed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened up a photo (see screenshots)---What Expert Mode? The three tabs are not there.  This isn't Windows 10 on a PC Desktop.  I am using Windows 10 Home on a Mac with BOOTCAMP when Microsoft Office and other Windows 10 programs work on my Mac with Bootcamp. 

If the mouse cursor is sluggish in PSE 2022, then that is an indicator that something is buggy wrong, and yes, I have reinstalled PSE 2022 a few times already. 

Your assessent is incorrect because how did I create my screenshot graphics from scratch above using PSE 2019 if I cannot use a blank canvas and draw on it?   PSE 2022 is redesigned that one cannot draw on a blank canvas with MacOS BOOTCAMP, and opening up a photo changes nothing as the Window Menus are still grayed out (see Screenshots).

If Adobe Technical Support virtually visited my Mac and confirmed that the problem is on their side, then it is confirmed that the problem is Adobe's and a patch ETA for BOOTCAMP is supposedly due in the middle of 2022.  Actually, Adobe Technical Support said to return PSE 2022 or use it on the MacOS side, but that defeats the purpose of dual-boot Mac with BOOTCAM.  I am currently using Windows 10 on a Mac with BOOTCAMP typing this and it works fine---just that PSE 2022 does not. 

Sorry for the rant, but my subject title stands---PSE 2022 needs to work with MacOS BOOTCAMP running Windows as my other Windows programs works fine with MacOS BOOTCAMP (and PSE 2019 did too).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was a pretty good rant. Sorry you don't have the tabs for quick guided and expert.   I honestly think that if you contine to wait for adobe to make it work with bootcamp you may end up waiting forever--- good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed BOOTCAMP version 6.1.17 and the problem still remains after opening a photo---no Quick, Guided, and Expert Modes or tabs.  My PSE 2022 screen looks the same as the screenshots above--no change.

I have faith that Adobe will fix PSE 2022 and Creative Cloud for Mac BOOTCAMP running Windows 10 PC by mid-2022 as Adobe has been very good to me since some of the very first versions of Photoshop were created :-).  Imagine all the PSE users Adobe is losing and leaving out who use BOOTCAMP Windows on a Mac :-).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteImagine all the PSE users Adobe is losing and leaving out who use BOOTCAMP Windows on a Mac :-).

By @P22527246v77b

My guess is that less than one PSE user in ten thousands is interested in BOOTCAMPS.

And I don't understand what Adobe could do about this: they have already a monstruous job trying to cope with the drastic changes in the recent Mac and Win operating system versions. Keep in mind that you are in a user to user forum and that people who have some voice in Adobe's strategy probably never read this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Rohit at Adobe Chat...

Thanks for your patience. Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor experience you've had with us. I understand your concern as you are running Windows 10 on your Mac via Bootcamp. At this moment, we do not have any information as to when there will be a patch or update for Elements to work fine on Bootcamp. It was designed to work on Native OS. I can suggest you to try to reinstall your Elements and check if it can improve the performance. I do understand that other programs from third-party developers are working fine. The thing is it is a program that relies heavily on Graphics Processor and the Apple GPU being utilized by Windows 10 via Bootcamp is not something which can provide enough resources for the app to work efficiently. What I can do, I can record this as request and forward it to the development team, however, I do not want to set any false expectations that it will be implemented any soon.

Adobe actually knows what is wrong with their PSE 2022 so here's still hoping for a June 2022 BOOTCAMP patch. Yay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it seems to have worked better than before (see screenshot)!  I now have Layers, Tools, Color Swatches, and functions that I haven't had before!  WOO-HOOOO!  Freaking AMAZING!

So Adobe came through somehow, someway, and I can design and draw from Blank Canvas scratch now using PSE 2022 BOOTCAMP! 

I'll keep this thread updated to let Adobe Mac Windows 10 Home BOOTCAMP users know if there are any technical issues that I encounter with these new PSE 2022 upgrades.  Thanks, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, so good!  My first Photoshop Elements 2022 creation from scratch so I'm glad that the program works well enough to use.  This is PSE 2022 Version 20.0 running on Mac Windows 10 Home BOOTCAMP.

There is still no Quick Mode or Expert Mode tabs, but at least the drop-down Windows work and there doesn't seem to be any mouse cursor lag. 

There is an "Open Photo Program Error" if I try to open a photo from Windows 10 BOOTCAMP that didn't happen before.  I still need to test that more and I'll report in.

Thank you Vipin and Rohit of Adobe for all your help in getting PSE 2022 functional for BOOTCAMP! Yay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot-2022-04-16-111202.jpg

OK, my Photoshop Elements 2022 running Windows 10 Home on a Mac with BOOTCAMP generally works fine, but there are some functional cosmetic issues with some of the menus, such as the Options in the tools aren't fully developed and are crowded out at the bottom (see red box) so that the forms, menus, and selections aren't fully visible for selection which makes the User Interface harder to access.

I've also experienced some CPU or memory processing latency when I don't save the file and keep on creating and working...the mouse cursor gets sluggish and doesn't respond to commands well until I save the file...and I have lots of megabytes and gigabytes of computer memory.

Thus, I would appreciate if Adobe can fix these errors and streamline the PSE 2022 code for running it on Windows using BOOTCAMP on a Mac.  Thanks :-).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Photoshop Elements 2022 Version 20.0 x64 and bought from Amazon.com when it first came out in October 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not just install the mac version?    It's not an error if it was never designed, or described, to work in the setup you have.  Michael makde the statement earlier about 1 in 10 thousand users having your type of configuration- seems pretty resonable to never expect and update for it to work with bootcamp, ever.  
Stop using bootcamp. Use the MAC version, poof!  Problems go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PSE 2022 installed on the MacOS side and it works fine.  As Adobe Technical Support said, PSE 2022 was meant to work for either a PURE Windows PC or a PURE MacOS, but NOT BOOTCAMP.

Until...

There was the PSE 2019 version that DID work on BOOTCAMP as Adobe patched PSE 2019 up.  Adobe can go into my Account and see that I have PSE 2019 that worked fine with BOOTCAMP...or well enough.

Why not use PSE 2022 solely on the Mac and forget Windows 10?  The Mac doesn't work well with the multibutton ergonomic PC Logitech mouse that I am using and I find the one-click Mac/Apple mouse primitive.  I have a tablet that works fine on both Mac and Mac BOOTCAMP PC so in essence, it is Adobe that somehow can't cross-platform with BOOTCAMP well...then again it's the pandemic and Adobe PSE programmers are working virtually from home.  I've been a Windows user most of my life so I'm used to the better and more complex interface of Windows Explorer.

Why not just buy a pure PC then?  Apple products are way more reliable than a desktop PC that always gave me fits and problems such as overheating; I've had a long history with kitbashed PCs as they usually get outdated and then it's upgrading them repeatedly and buying new CPUs, video cards, more RAM, etc.  With a Mac, it's already a powerhouse right out of the box.  So with a dual-boot Mac running Windows Home on BOOTCAMP,  I can have the best of both worlds and use Apple Apps too (iTunes on iPhone)...can't do that on a pure PC well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and downloading PSE 2019 from my Account no longer works on BOOTCAMP...PSE 2019 is PSE 2022 with the same bugs and problems on BOOTCAMP.

I tried to backtrack back to PSE 2019 and that no longer works since Apple upgraded their OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welp, good luck to ya then!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines