• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Elements 22 doesn't work correctly with Mac OS Monterey (new OS released 2 days ago)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Adobe Photoshop Elements 22 doesn't work correctly with Mac OS Monterey (new OS released 2 days ago).

Other members in the same case ?

Thank you for your answers. Jean.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Just to update people on here, in conjuction with 12.1 Update from Apple on my Mac, there was an update from Adobe too.  My PSE 2022 now appears to be working fine on my Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Hello,

There is an update available for Elements 2022, which fixes the hang on launch issue.

To Update Elements, Request you to please Launch and Close Elements Organizer and leave your system idle, depending on your interent connection speed - the update will be applied automatically and should fix the launch issue for PSE.

In case if the automatic update fails, Please install the update for E2022 manually from Elements Organizer.

Please refer to release notes for more details around E2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 350 Replies 350
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. It still does NOT work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is happening to the Premiere Elements 2022... 

I bought both, and Photoshop works now on M1 Mac ok, but really slow.

Premiere is totally lagging, cant handle commands (10 sec thinking after a click)... basicly useless. My Version is 20.0 - is this the latest and is there a fix coming?

(posting here, because of the issue, and nowhere is this on Premiere mentioned)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really slow on an M1 Mac may be a consequence of Adobe lagging the competion by not compiling in universal code. Because it is Intel only, it relies on Rosseta 2 to translate to M1. Whatever PSE was doing in Nov when this thread began created a fatal flaw in the working copy of Rosseta 2. That error has been fixed, but the fix may be the source of lagging performance.

I gave up on PSE 2022 in time to obtain a refund for my purchase. I don't plan to buy PSE again there is an Apple silicon or universal code (same thing) version. Based on what Mr. Gupta has said, Adobe has no current plan to provide an Apple silicon version of PSE 2022. That means, if it's built into, say PSE 2023, then they'll be expecting yet another purchase.

Meanwhile I've been using mostly Acorn for image editing. I also have also acquire Affinity. I haven't decided which I like better. They both seem capable of doing everthing PSE does, although figuring out how to naviate the menus sometimes is challenging. Both are universal code.

By the time Adobe dains to compile in universal code, I may be happy enough with one of the less expensive competing products (as is the case with the PDF editor I am satisfied with after giving up on Acrobat Pro) to never purchse PSE again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I possibly "launch and close the Elements Organizer" if I can't even get the Organizer to OPEN from the Home screen? It just says it is loading the workspace and NEVER DOES. Just stops. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Gupt, I take it that there will be no PSE update for those of us using PSE 2021. I just bought mine in September 2022 and it stopped working properly after the October change to Monterey. I have to restart the imac every time I want to use it. I have turned off the imac automatic update for the Monterey OS since I don't dare update to 12.1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check that uninstalling and reinstalling the application using the installer placed at the below link fixes the issue or not?

Please download the installer from here: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/photoshop-elements-downloads.html

Thanks

Vipin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Vipin,

I uninstalled PSE 2021 and reinstalled it with the link you gave.

This does not solve the problem.

I still can only launch PSE 2021 one time.

At the second time, I have to restart my mac.

(Mac with macOS Monterey12.1 and Intel Processor)

Possible to apply the same modifications you apply in PSE 2022 update in PSE 2021 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And i bought my PSE 2021 licence only four months ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not yet upgraded to Monterey as I decided to check first - PSE is my most expensive purchase for software and I too have only recently upgraded to 2021 so I don't which to pay MORE money to upgrade to 2022. If Adobe dont intend to fix 2021 then they should offer us a free upgrade to 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you 100%. I had just bought PSE 2021 in October 2021 and made
the switch to
Monterey. A free upgrade to 2022 seems appropriate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am through with PSE. 

For EUR 29,-- I bought the last version of Luminar AI. 

It is for sure something unusual to work with it. but after some days of learnig and trying I am fine with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Customer Service refuses to acknowlege this issue and just says that they have escalated customer service requests and then do nothing about it. They just want you to pay for Elements 22 even if you have a license for 21 that has several years left on it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is  nothing for them to acknowledge, a fix was posted a while ago.  You're a little late to the "monterey party."

" license for 21 that has several years left on it"   I've just read most of the EULA for PSE and it doesn't mention anything about a liscense having any number of years on it.  Perhaps you're talking about active support:  Adobe will suppot the newest version and the previous version, and that's it. 

That means there is zero chance of functionality updates to pse 2021. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you are mistaken

Note With my purchase

The license for this product will expire on *November 30, 2025*. After that
date, you will not be able to use the product unless you obtain a new
license.

--
*Shira Leeds*
Assistant Director
American Friends of Jordan River Village Foundation
244 Madison Avenue, Suite 482
New York, NY 10016
Toll Free: 1.888.999.3054
Direct: 917.626.1869
Shira@afjrv.org
www.afjrv.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you are mistaken. Note with my purchase - The license for this product will expire on November 30, 2025. After that date, you will not be able to use the product unless you obtain a new license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's for donations to non profit organizations.  It didn't cost you anything.  When that time hits- you simply reapply for another donation.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that is not true while we are a non profit there is a cost  - but I'm glad you think you know the finances  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe will give you nothing but grief,DROP ADOBE    they sell product that they know doenst work ,, then try to get you to uprade,,,monthly fees are slimey!   BUY  AFFINITY ONCE. and enjoy.  its pretty cheap too!  They dont outsource their support either!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After struggling with trying to open Photoshop Elements Editor 2022 (trial version) on my new mac for a few days, and after renaming the sniffer file as a fix, I finally uninstalled it as the workaround did not work. Then I installed the 2021 version and it opened after I renamed the sniffer file. I stumbled upon this solution while scouring the adobe forums. I have mac OS Monterey with the M1 chip and it's been updated to 12.3.1.

Now I do not know whether I should go ahead and buy the 2021 version. Will I ever be able to update to the 2022 version? As mentioned earlier, Elements 2022 did not open at all on my mac. I will be grateful if you can answer my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Could you please try uninstalling and reinstalling Elemenets 2022? The latest build of E2022 should work.

Regards

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your prompt reply Vipin. Actually, I did that after the latest mac update. I think I must have installed and uninstalled photoshop elements 2022 at least 6 times in the last couple of days. The last time was today. Now I have 2021. I hope there is a fix soon. Also, I do not want to live in fear that every time I update my mac, photoshop elements will crash! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyway, as you suggested, I decided to do it again. Re-installed photoshop elements 2022, and renamed the sniffer file. It doesn't open. The organiser does not open either. It just keeps saying "loading" but it never loads. I have been experiencing this for the last couple of days. That's why I installed elements 2021 and well, it works. Hopefully, there is a fix soon for elements 2022 as it is very confusing, whether to buy elements 2021 or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an update already available with the fix. Could you please check that the build number installed on your machine is: 20220330.Git.dot.4f2a946

For checking the build number, simply go to the Applications folder, where the product would be installed.

"/Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022/Support Files"

Select the editor app (Do not double click to open). -> In the right side information panel, if you scroll a bit, you would be able to see the build number, like in below screenshot:

Screenshot 2022-04-04 at 8.56.38 PM.png

Please let me know if you have the same build number and still is not able to launch the application.

Regards,

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vipin,

Thanks for your reply. I have the build number you mentioned. Screenshot attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is the even the latest build isn't universal code. History suggests that Apple will continue to support Intel code for only another year or two. After that, there will be a MacOS that no longer includes Rosetta 2. I am no longer willing to purchase software that does not run native on Apple Silicon, especially when there are viable alternatives that do (for photo editing, there are two: Acorn and Affinity).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines