• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Elements 22 doesn't work correctly with Mac OS Monterey (new OS released 2 days ago)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Adobe Photoshop Elements 22 doesn't work correctly with Mac OS Monterey (new OS released 2 days ago).

Other members in the same case ?

Thank you for your answers. Jean.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Just to update people on here, in conjuction with 12.1 Update from Apple on my Mac, there was an update from Adobe too.  My PSE 2022 now appears to be working fine on my Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Hello,

There is an update available for Elements 2022, which fixes the hang on launch issue.

To Update Elements, Request you to please Launch and Close Elements Organizer and leave your system idle, depending on your interent connection speed - the update will be applied automatically and should fix the launch issue for PSE.

In case if the automatic update fails, Please install the update for E2022 manually from Elements Organizer.

Please refer to release notes for more details around E2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 350 Replies 350
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased Elements 2022 last night (July 24) and it will NOT load the workspace. The build number is later than you list above: 20220702.Git.dot.b9b2853

What now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased and downloaded PhotoShop Elements 2022 and Premiere Elements 2022 yesterday and installed them (iMac running Monterey 12.5). The installation said it was successful. The home screen opens, but NOTHING else will open. They all (Organizer, PhotoShop and Premiere) all say they are loading the workspace and then nothing more happens. I have tried it repeatedly. Quit and relaunched. Restarted the computer and tried again. Unless I get a solution today I am going to request a refund. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apply for rebate forthwith. Elements 2022 is bogus software. It not only does not work on the MacOS (Monterey) available to developers before it was released, it isn't in universal code in spite of the fact that Apple switched to M-class processors in 2021. Maybe Elements 2023 will be better; meanwhile Acorn or Affinity are far better buys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have MacOS Monteray 12.4 and it runs fine. I know others had this problem, as did I in earlier Monteray releases, but the last few have run without problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue earlier with the trial version, and someone from the
forums helped me with a solution that worked. He said to
uninstall creative cloud completely using the adobe uninstaller. And then
download again. Now I don't remember how i uninstalled creative cloud
completely, but creative cloud was completely uninstalled, and after that
Elements 22 worked.

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vipta tells you what his boss tells himm.     DROP ADOBE    they sell product that they know doenst work ,, then try to get you to uprade,,,monthly fees are slimey!   BUY  AFFINITY ONCE. and enjoy.  its pretty cheap too!  They dont outsource their support either!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DROP ADOBE    they sell product that they know doenst work ,, then try to get you to uprade,,,monthly fees are slimey!   BUY  AFFINITY ONCE. and enjoy.  its pretty cheap too!  They dont outsource their support either!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Elements in March 2021 from the Apple App Store -- never had a serial number, or box, or DVD, though I do have Apple's own transaction number as proof of purchase.   Now it won't work with Monterey (on Intel silicon MacBookPro), as many others here have found.  But without a serial number, how do I upgrade?  Is the upgrade to Elements 2022 free or is Adobe telling me to fork out another $100 for an app that ran for less than a year?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

get the fork out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the Workstaion will NOT SHOW UP, just annoying installer everytime and the "what would you like to do" page that shows nooby links to pages on instruction,!   how to get started with no working work page??????   Macbook pro w/ Monterey 12.2 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on what the arrow is pointing to. 

2022-03-26_151752.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I click on that, I get a message saying it is "loading the workspace." Never happens. No workspace. It just leaves it on this home screen Same with Video editor. Same with Organizer. NOTHING.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Photoshop Elements 2021 in September of last year and installed it on my Imac and had the same probkems discusssd in this forum after the Monterey upgrade. I have to reboot my Imac every time I use PSE. Since Adobe is not doing anything to help customers with PSE 2021, I have just lived with rebooting every time I want to use PSE.

Yesterday, I find that when I go to use PSE, an Adobe window pops up asking that I sign in. I closed it off, but I got this warnjng message saying that by not signing in Adobe reserves the right concerning use of PSE. I tried signing in and put in my normal email address and password. Next, I'm getting another window asking for a second email address to act as a backup. I put in a second email address. Next, I'm getting  another message telling me to put in the security codethat was sent to that backup email address. I went to that email but no security code email ever arrived, even after several hours. I finally gave up trying to sign in. Now, I'm concerned that at some point Adobe will shut my PSE off.  Does that happen if you don't sign in? And why is Adobe asking me to sign in now after I bought the siftware last September?  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of the window that mentions the security code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to Montery about a month ago.  Since then I have not been able to use over 38,000 files in organizer.  Had geek squad over 2x, took it into store to "downgrade" back to Big Sur:  That can't be done either (thank you Mac).  I can't believe that Adobe or Mac has done this.  My categories are gone and every image  is a "?" next to it.  I know where it is but somehow the program won't load them appropriately.  If I want a "green" paper by GGW "striped", no can do.  I am really frustrated with Adobe and Mac.  Seriously considering going back to Windows which I have used in over 10 years.  If I hadn't just bought this new computer, I would.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is apparently designed to not function with the Mac Monterey operating system and Adobe could obviously care less! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Habe am 21. April 2022 Photoshop Elements-2022, im App Store von Apple für €80.- gekauft.

Funktioniert auch auf meinem iMac-27" aus dem Jahr (Late 2015) nicht.

Betriebsystem: macOS_Monterey_V.12.3.1.

Prozessor: 4GHz,Quad-Core,Intel Core i7,

Ramspeicher: 32GB

Grafikkarte: AMD Radeon, R9 M395X, 4GB

Weder der Fotoeditor noch der Organizer lässt sich öffnen...

App stürzt sofort ab,trotz mehrmaligem versuchen...ohne ein anderes Programm zuvor geöffnet zu haben ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE 2022 may run just fine with MacOS Monterey 12.4 because Adobe and Apple met up comparability wise, in a not so timely manner. It was noted people were faced with many issues after 12.4 MacOS, now it's running in sync. My point here, as I've stated in a previous post comment, is Adobe and Apple don't ride the wave together for a fresh install or function of a new or existing PSE 2022 program at the time of any MacOS upgrade. After searching around and reading various posts I've decided to move on over into Affinity. I realize it is not built for high profile professional output, but general consensus is it works great. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YESSSSS!

tools stop working,, when using the tex

t tool, some of the lettere were upside down

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems just to mention some. I even updares monterey and pse10, no change

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have Elements 2022 on my Macbook Air with Monterey 12.6

Elements Organiser crashes.

Strange is the fact that Organiser works in the Guest-Account. It seems to be something that has to do with me as ownwer of all rights.

Help of Adobe does not solve anything. It is if they know, but do not admit it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements 2022 is bogus. It's not compiled in universal code and is buggy beyond redemtion, especially on Apple silicon. Switch to either Affinity Photo or Acorn. Insist on an immediate refund from Adobe.

Unfortunately, Abobe no longer is a vendor deserving of your patronage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes super upset that my Elements 2019 worked for 2 years and now they're asking me to fork out another $99. 

So continue to use my 2013 Macbook Pro and have 2019 Elements running or use my brand Apple Silicon with Monterey with something else.  Definiately not paying to upgrade. Adobe has lost me as a customer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run PSE Organier 20 (initially had 46,000 images) which worked fine on my 4 yer old computer.  Moved to iMac M1 - Montery.  It refused to read any tags, note etc.  After spending 3 months,  trying to get it working correctly, updated to Ventura.  No better.  Over these months I've lost 20,000 images.  I'm now working on re-tagging eberything that I havbe left.  Mac/Adobe has become a piece of trash.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up on PSE on Mac years ago.  But I didn't give up my Mac.  Parallels Desktop for Mac lets you run Windows (pick any version) on your Mac, so you can install and run PSE (and PRE) under Windows and avoid the issues with Adobe and Mac.  I just moved 30+ catalogs and 100K+ images from PSE 13 on Windows 7 to PSE 2023 on Windows 11 (all on my Mac) with no problems at all.  Yes, you have to pay a yearly subscription to Parallels, but for me it avoids many, many frustrations with PSE native on Mac and that is worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines