• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Elements 22 doesn't work correctly with Mac OS Monterey (new OS released 2 days ago)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Adobe Photoshop Elements 22 doesn't work correctly with Mac OS Monterey (new OS released 2 days ago).

Other members in the same case ?

Thank you for your answers. Jean.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Just to update people on here, in conjuction with 12.1 Update from Apple on my Mac, there was an update from Adobe too.  My PSE 2022 now appears to be working fine on my Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Hello,

There is an update available for Elements 2022, which fixes the hang on launch issue.

To Update Elements, Request you to please Launch and Close Elements Organizer and leave your system idle, depending on your interent connection speed - the update will be applied automatically and should fix the launch issue for PSE.

In case if the automatic update fails, Please install the update for E2022 manually from Elements Organizer.

Please refer to release notes for more details around E2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 350 Replies 350
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022 was installed before Monterey and worked perfectly with Big Sur. Behaviour with Monterey : sometimes, Photoshop Elements doesn't start. Sometimes it starts but becomme unusable. Almost every time, it doesn't quit (you have to force). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope they fix this soon. Adobe doesnt work at all!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I probably spen two hours a day looking for sumptin' from Adobe.     Something cmae to mind last night though:  This could be a fortelling of things to come:  They will kill off the one time payment for photoshop elements, and sgo straight to a montly subscription plan.

Selling software for a one time fee / on dvd simply doesn't make business sense anymore. 

I decided to go for and subscribe to the full version of photoshop:  tons of templates, actions that actually work 100%, and always up to date.  Something you may want to consider.  I pay $10.84 a month for the cheapest plan--- based upon taxes yours would be about the same. 

Big updates are a killer for me though:  I have a 3 MB DSL and my downloads are about 176kb/ sec-- on a good day. 

But as of 0926 (GMT-8) still no word from Adobe on this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is not much to say. Installing PSE 2021 works. After the Upgrade to Monterey, the problem occurs. The only message I get in the dropdown menu is "program doesn't react". No error code, nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for paying attention, it's appreciated.

I'm trying to run Photoshop Elements 2021.  I have two Macs, an Intel-based 27" iMac and a new Macbook Pro with an M1 Pro chip. Both are running Monterey 12.0.1 and neither can run Photoshop Elements 2021. Fail behavior is the same on both.

Specifically, I can launch Photoshop Elements 2021 and get the welcome screen, ut I cannot launch Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor. It just hangs up. Nor can I launch Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor directly by clicking on it in its subfolder in Applications. Same result.

I've tried downloading and re-installing Elements on both machines from scratch, no change in outcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday, I had contact with Adobe support via Twitter. They say they have not even tested PSE 2021 on Monterey yet. That is quite surprising given the time developers usually have to fix bugs on new OS versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Greg, do you have any idea how long it will take to solve the problems with Elements 2021/2022 and OS Monterey?

A short answer from you is highly appreciate.

Thanks in advance and best regards from Germany

Ralph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had been using Photoshop Elements 2018 until I upgraded to the Monteray OS.  I upgraded to Photoshop Elements this morning, got the serial number but when I go to open it I am getting a message that my Serial Number has been revoked.  

Has anyone else run into this? If so, how would I go about fixing that?

Thank you,

- Erik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I"ve installed Elements 2022 on my Intel Imac, after Elements 2021 no longer worked  (Specifically, the Photo Editor Work Area)   I still have the same problem.   Help us all, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

I am on Elements 2019. It opens as normal, no problems there. I can also open a new file. But I can not draw anything. The new file disappears when I try to draw a line for as long as I click my mouse button. When released the file reappears. But when I try to open a photo or drop it into the new file I get an error.

Schermafbeelding 2021-11-12 om 15.07.01.png

It is in Dutch. I contacted Apple about this, but they say I has something to do with the programm since it is opening normally. All settings in my mac should run Elements 2019.

The error says that the developer can not be verified.

It was working fine on OS 10 and 11, but now that I have upgraded to OS12 Monterey it give me these errors. 

Any clues on what I can do about this?

Thanks

Onne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just crazy. One would expect this from some minor development company, but Adobe? Also: PS (full version) works fine; is this a way to wane customers away from Elements?

I wouldn't mind paying a subscription of some form for Elements if that was the solution; have already paid more into Elements upgrades over the years than for Photoshop with Creative Cloud, but I don't really need the full version - way too complicated for my simple needs -  except I use the plugins way more: NIK/TOPAZ/Anthropics than I really use the host program from Adobe.

Another lesson to be learned?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded from Catalina to Monterey, and when I try to launch Elements 2021, it asks me to log in, and after entering my ID and password, it thinks for a few seconds and then tells me I've been logged out.

This has happened 5 times in a row now.  Very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 13-inch, 2019 MacBook Pro with Quad-Core Intel Core i5.

I updated to macOS Monterey 12.0.1 and Photoshop Elements 15 no longer works.

I tried reinstalling Photoshop and it still wouldn't work, it won't let me open pictures to, you know, photoshop.

I would grab you a screenshots of the error messages I got, but it won't even start the program right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, its obvious, I have been using Adobe Photoshop since 2001 exclusively on Apple Macs and always updating to the new Mac OS as they arrive. I have had to upgrade several times over ther years with plenty of warning and or support prior so I could make the decision when to upgrade. But this issue has left me feeling very left in the dark, I purchased this new version of Elements (v19) just last September as an upgrade from my old v14 and now two months on its unusable.

Enough said Greg its time for Adobe to act responsibly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Brett,

Don't waste more time trying to figure it out.  Simply put, Adobe doesn't care.  It's been going on for weeks.  If you have to use it for a project now, the only way is to shut down your mac and restart in safe mode.  However, the better thing to do (which I'm still researching) is find an alternative to Adobe and don't go back.

Best,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE 2022 did work for a few days on Monterray for about a week. It now refuses to load - I get the bouncing icon on the task bar for a while then ... nothing. Right click options has App.not responding greyed out. Force Quit  brings up the You have force PE 2022 Editor to quit dialogue. Problem report(s) submitted ... Screenshot attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Elements on Monterey and the homescreen pops up but the editor won't open.  Specifically, I can launch Photoshop Elements 2022 and get the welcome screen, and I can launch Organizer from the welcome screen, but I cannot launch Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor.  It just hangs up.  I have a Macbook Pro with the M1 chip and just updated to Monterey 12.0.1.  It is very frustrating as I just paid for this program that I can't even use.  If you have a fix, I would love to here about it please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best advice at this point is to tell Adobe that you want a refund and you'll reorder when they notify you that they have addressed the well known fatal bug in the Software. They should not be selling a program labeled 2022 that isn't workable in the Mac's 2022 OS and also has not been optimized for M1.

Acorn and Affinity are alternatives. I have tried both. They will open almost any format, including psd, but if you are used to Elements, there are some things that are done easily in PSE that are not so obviously accomplished in the alternative software. Nevertheless, I received a refund and won't reorder until PSE is working AND optimized for Apple silicon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @deniser43849848

I had a tutorial with an Apple Creative a couple of days ago and raised this issue of Adobe PSE incompatibility. He said that it would definitely be sorted in time.

Interestingly, there are no problems apparently between full Photoshop and Apple - it was designed in tandem with the M1 system and therefore works. I can't understand why the latest PSE versions weren't also designed this way. The cynic in me wonders whether Adobe is trying to push us to buy into a subscription system? Surely not. Full Photoshop is a different beast as far as I am concerned, and I am not interested. 

I guess we all have to just sit and hope that what the Apple guy said, turns out to be true. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my Mac to Monterey 12.0.1. It's a 2017 model with a SSD and 48 Gigs of meory.  I've used PSE for as long as it has been around,  I downloaded PSE 2022 a week ago. It worked fine for a few days.  Now it won't load the workspace.  I get the Pinwheel of Indignity.  Need to force quit every time. Rebooting and trying again has no effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My OS updated to Monterey from Big Sur a few days ago.  PSE 2022 didn't perform very well using Big Sur (really dreadful erformance issues no matter what virtual memory was alocated to it) and now will not launch on Monterey at all!

I'm afraid this is the last in a series of bad Adobe experiences when it comes to PSE 20xx - having been "forced" to upgrade from 2019 as something called (if memory serves) the application manager was no longer supported on Big Sur.  There was lots of confusing information around on that "fix" too but I dug deep and upgraded the software (having failed to successfully engage Adobe support in the process - three times!).

This time round:

It's a Late 2015 27" iMac
OS upgrade from Big Sur to Monterey

Adobe Photoshop Elements V.20 (20210907)

Feel as if I've been taken for a rght sucker by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to Monterey, My Photoshop Elements 2021 would no longer launch unless I deleted and re-installed.  It would then work, but if I closed the program it would, again, not launch.  I purchased Elements 2022 thinking this would resolve the problem, however, the same issue occurs.  It works temporarily and then, if I close the program, it will not relaunch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get an immediate refund before it becomes an issue. Don't repurchase until the Monterey problem is resolved. I'm sure this forum will let you know. I got my money for PSE 2022 back and am still hearing from the forum.

So far, Adobe is all smoke and no fire. They marketed this app knowing that it wouldn't work on the about to be released Monterey app. They are trying to hide behid the spec that says MacOS 10 or MacOS 11. That's lame for software labeled 2022 and the newest Macs require MacOS 12--a fact they also had to be aware of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I had come to this Community page earlier.  Monterey 12.1 updated on my MacBook Pro.  After that I was unable to load PSE 2021 or the earlier version PSE2020.   On PSE 2021 I could get to the start screen and then selecting the Photo Editor, like many have posted here, I get the spinning ball saying the workspace is loading, which never does.  I did a force quit and then shut down and when I restarted the Photo Editor screen showed up. But once I quit the app, I was unable to restart it.  I uninstalled versions of the program and went to re-install PSE 2021 which went ok until I was prompted for the serial number for registration. When I entered it, I got a message highlighted in red that said my registration number was REVOKED.  Going back and forth trying uninstall/install, using Time Machine for restore earlier backups all failed.  Next I restored my MacBook to factory settings and re-installed the program that was in the Finder app under applications.  Nothing.  I went to Apple Support, ran through the entire soap opera to a customer service guy on line and sent him a screen shot of the application stalled on the PSE home page. He suggested starting the laptop in SAFE mode.  That didn't work.  I even purchased the new PSE2022 even though I probably wont use whatever upgrades are in the program since the last one.  So now everyone says that both Apple and Adobe are aware and are working for a solution.  And I'm thinking to myself this is something that should have been done before advising users of the upgrade.  Its no upgrade if the operating system and the software aren't compatible. Greedy bastards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines