• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Elements 22 doesn't work correctly with Mac OS Monterey (new OS released 2 days ago)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Adobe Photoshop Elements 22 doesn't work correctly with Mac OS Monterey (new OS released 2 days ago).

Other members in the same case ?

Thank you for your answers. Jean.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Just to update people on here, in conjuction with 12.1 Update from Apple on my Mac, there was an update from Adobe too.  My PSE 2022 now appears to be working fine on my Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Hello,

There is an update available for Elements 2022, which fixes the hang on launch issue.

To Update Elements, Request you to please Launch and Close Elements Organizer and leave your system idle, depending on your interent connection speed - the update will be applied automatically and should fix the launch issue for PSE.

In case if the automatic update fails, Please install the update for E2022 manually from Elements Organizer.

Please refer to release notes for more details around E2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 350 Replies 350
Participant ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you had to go to so much trouble to find out that the problem is Adobe, not you, not your Mac, not Apple (explained above). Get a refund and either wait for a fix or try Affinity or Acorn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe news  

Asian Trade Tv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is elements work page , all I get is the silly "what would you like to do " page and when I click "organizer " or "editor" rollover buttons.  I get the wheel of death and the line  "it is loading "      What do I need to do to get this to work ,   it shouldnt be this difficult,   recomend .... DONT SELL BROKEN PRODUCTS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered the same problem wih Photoshop Elemenrs after installing the Monterey operating system. It wors fine the first try. If you close and then try starting it again, all you get is the spinning ball, requiring a force quit. Restart the computer and it works fine again, but just once.

i called Apple Care and seem to have a work around. I was initially told that I could revert back to the old operating sustem and hopefully that would fix the problem. I was not vrry excited about doing that.  I was told to try restarting the imac 27 in safe mode and after that, I could open Photoshop Elements repeatedly with no issues.

To start the imac in safe mode, first shut down the computer. Then hit the On buton and immediately hold down the Shift key and hold it down the entire time the computer is booting up. It will take longer than usual. You will then have the login screen. Put in your username and the password for the computer. You should be able to open and close the Photoshop Elements normally again. Not a perfect solution, but a decent work around.

Obviously, it would be preferred if Adobe could develop a fix to this problrm so the computer can be started the usual way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to the post about starting the computer in safe mode. I found that the photos I wanted to work with would not losd properly. This work around to getting Photoshop Elements to load more than once therefore is useless. We are stuck with having to restart the computer every time we want to use Photoshop Elements more than once.

Looking at news on the web, I found earlier refernces to the same problem happening with earlier upgrades to the Mac operating system. It appears that Adobe has consistently put out a product that is works beautifully when first installed but becomes less than acceptable once an uogradevto the Mac OS occurs. 

Hopefully, HINT,  Adobe will develop a fix that will alliw users to go back to loading Photoshop Elements more thsn once without a restart when using the Monterey OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am, by the way, not seeing any "works once after restart" behavior.  Restarting does not change the fail: attempting to open the Photoshop Elements 2021 photo editor produces a spinning color wheel that never resolves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you are launching the PSE EDITOR program not the program that allows a choice of Organizer and Editor. It seems to work fine ONE time after a computer reboot so you should not close the program until you have completely finished your editing session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This case is worse than earlier Abobe glitches when a new OS arrives. The relase date for Monterey was pretty much known when PSE 2022 was released and like any other major developer, Adobe had recent, nerely finished beta versions to work with. Hence, there had to know they were releaseing a faulty product. Second, they labeled the version 2022 without optimizing for Apple Silicon (it's Intel code, not Universal). I find fhe final product ethically questionable.

Abobe is selling, still selling, a faulty behind-the-curve product. Insist on a refund until they at least fix the failure to work more than once a restart problem. And, I'm not interested as long as PSE 2022 corrupts Rosetta 2 leasdning ao an eventual crash of the entire OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not unusual for an OS upgrade to require undating apps (happens with Windoze all the time as well). Most of the third party apps I have start updates in advance of the OS update, sometimes for an additional fee, often free.

Some OS changes have been major--move from PowerPC CPU to Intel and upgrade to 64-bit are two obvious exammples. Translating from Intel to M1 is another major change that is undeway. Apple is doing its usual reasonable job of continuing to support Intel apps for now on older Macs and in emulation on M1 Macs. I've found that the remaining Intel apps I have open and run more than quickly enough, but I know that a year or two from now there will be a MacOS that requires M1 and that every app run natively on Apple Silicon.

PSE's competitors, i.e. Affinity and Acorn, are already universal code. That is, they run natively on both Intel Macs and M1 Macs. Macs seem to be the preferred platform for those serious about image editing. Hence, if Adobe doesn't get a whole lot better, competition will turn them into the graphic equivalent of Word Perfect or Lotus 1-2-3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I really like WordPerfect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried Edgars solution and all seems fine, now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes in Monteray PSE 2021 just hangs when trying to open. I have found the only fix to be a restart then I leave it on in the dock and it works 'almost' faultlessly. I posted elsewhere that the save as box from file/save as, gets progressively lower each time it is used. The only way around is to drag it back up. Yes, it is a PSE problem not an Apple one because save as screens work perfectly on other programmes such as documents and other third party apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. The Application starts once, I can edit and save, but I can shut the program only the hard way. After that it won't start again. Please help!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same Problem. Photoshop Elements Editor 2021 will not start. Instead the icon keeps jumping in the menu and then is unresponsive. Adobe Elements 2021 was installed under Big Sur and worked flawlessly. I updated to Monterey a few days ago. A reboot doesn't help. I hope this is resolved soon. In the meantime I use the testversion of Affinity Photo, which works OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just discovered that I was able to start Premiere Elements 2021. I have bought both in one package. Right after the start it offered an update, which I accepted. After the update I can start Photoshop Elements 2021 again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ulrich, try to start again. I did so. And the problem will come up again as it was before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, Randolph!

I just did a reboot and started Photoshop Elements 2021 and the first time I started it, it was working OK. Photoshop Elements is Version 19.0 (20210811.m158081) x64. Premiere Elements is also Version 19.0 (20211007.daily.2243969).

Unfortunately, when I closed Photoshop Elements Editor and started it again, it hang. The icon kept jumping and I had to right click and end the process manually. The Photoshop Elements Launcher wasn't able to start the Editor as well.

After another reboot of the Mac, Photoshop Elements started again - but also only for once.

So it seems I have the same problem as everyone else...

Here is some information about my program version if anyone from Adobe checks this thread.

Adobe Photoshop Elements Version: 19.0 (20210811.m.158081)  x64
Betriebssystem: Mac OS 10.16.0
Systemarchitektur: Intel CPU-Familie: 6, Modell: 158, Stepping: 10 mit MMX, SSE (ganze Zahl), SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AVX2, Hyper-Threading
Physischer Prozessor: 6
Logischer Prozessor: 12
Prozessor-Taktfrequenz: 2600 MHz
Eingebauter Speicher: 16384 MB
Freier Speicher: 9417 MB
Für Photoshop Elements verfügbarer Arbeitsspeicher: 14001 MB
Von Photoshop Elements verwendeter Arbeitsspeicher: 70 %
ACP.local-Status:
 - SDK-Version: 1.34.1
 - Core Sync-Status: Unbekannt
 - Core Sync-Ausführung: Nicht verfügbar
 - Min. Core Sync erforderlich: 4.3.4.2
ACPL Cache Config: Nicht verfügbar
Bildkachelgröße: 1024 KB
Bildcache: 6
Schriftvorschau: Mittel
TextComposer: Lateinisch
Anzeige: 1
Hauptanzeige
Monitor mit hoher DPI-Rate
Anzeigebegrenzungen: oben= 0, links= 0, unten= 960, rechts= 1536 
OpenGL: Deaktiviert.
Lizenztyp: Unbegrenzt
Seriennummer: 91550708858427175862
Feature::Dummy Feature: OFF
Feature::GPULensBlur: ON
Feature::HEIFFormat: ON
Feature::CloudPSDSnapshotFiles: OFF
Feature::CloudDocs: ON
Feature::CloudDocsEnableFaultInjection: OFF
Feature::CloudDocsFailAll: ON
Feature::CloudDocFolders: ON
Feature::CloudDocFolders: ON
Feature::Frame Tool: ON
Feature::AliasLayers: OFF
Anwendungsordner: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021/Support Files/
Der virtuelle Speicher von Photoshop Elements hat asynchrone E/A aktiviert
Arbeitsvolume(s):
  Start, 465,6G, 63,0G frei
Ordner für erforderliche Zusatzmodule: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021/Support Files/Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor.app/Contents/Required/Plug-Ins/
Primärer Plug-In-Ordner: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021/Support Files/Plug-Ins/
Zusätzlicher Plug-In-Ordner: nicht eingerichtet

Installierte Komponenten

dvametadata.framework   dvametadata   11.1.0.0   
   AdobeXMPScript.framework   AdobeXMPScript   116.a360872   116.a360872
   ICUUnicode.framework   ICUUnicode      gtlib_12.0.23744
   adbeape.framework   adbeape   3.4.0.1   1.000000
   ICUConverter.framework   ICUConverter      gtlib_12.0.23744
   AdobeCrashReporter.framework   AdobeCrashReporter   9.2.1   
   boost_system.framework   boost_system   11.1.0.0   
   AdobeACE.framework   AdobeACE   2.20.02.49337   116.181fac1
   AdobeOwl.framework   AdobeOwl   5.2.9   
   mediacoreif.framework   mediacoreif   11.1.0.0   
   manta.framework   manta   2.0.00.1   1.
   dvaunittesting.framework   dvaunittesting   11.1.0.0   
   AdobeAXE8SharedExpat.framework   AdobeAXE8SharedExpat   3.8.0.49109   116.89e9001
   k2.framework   k2   1   
   AIDE.framework   AIDE   1.5.0.49109   116.b096e51
   dynamiclink.framework   dynamiclink   11.1.0.0   
   dvametadataUI.framework   dvametadataUI   11.1.0.0   
   UpdaterNotifications.framework   UpdaterNotifications   10.0.0.1   "10.0.0.1"
   AdobeExtendScript.framework   AdobeExtendScript   4.5.11.1   82.2
   boost_filesystem.framework   boost_filesystem   11.1.0.0   
   AdobeOLS.framework   AdobeOLS   5.0   0
   AdobeBIB.framework   AdobeBIB   1.2.03.49337   116.181fac1
   AdobeXMPFiles.framework   AdobeXMPFiles   116.a360872   116.a360872
   AdobeLinguistic.framework      22175   
   dvaplayer.framework   dvaplayer   11.1.0.0   
   CIT.framework   CIT      
   AdobeAGM.framework   AdobeAGM   4.30.87.49337   116.181fac1
   adobe_caps.framework   adobe_caps   10.0.0.8   1.584361
   AdobeSVGRE.framework   AdobeSVGRE   6.0   116.06b0d85
   AdobePDFL.framework   AdobePDFL   15.0.0.49162   116.7147fd3
   AutoCropCore.framework   AutoCropCore   1   
   dvacore.framework   dvacore   11.1.0.0   
   AdobePIP.framework   AdobePIP   8.1.0.94   
   AdobePDFSettings.framework   AdobePDFSettings   1.7   
   AdobeAXEDOMCore.framework   AdobeAXEDOMCore   3.8.0.49109   116.89e9001
   dvatransport.framework   dvatransport   11.1.0.0   
   Cg.framework   NVIDIA Cg      
   boost_signals.framework   boost_signals   11.1.0.0   
   libcurl.framework   libcurl   7.36.0   
   FaceDetector.framework   AdobeBreeze   2.0.2.1   1.
   AdobeXMP.framework   AdobeXMPCore   116.a360872   116.a360872
   AdobeJP2K.framework   AdobeJP2K   1.2.2.49146   116.6d2fa32
   dvaaudiodevice.framework   dvaaudiodevice   11.1.0.0   
   LogSession.framework   LogSession   8.1.0.94   
   AdobeScCore.framework   AdobeScCore   4.5.11.1   82.2
   AdobeSVGAGM.framework   AdobeSVGAGM   1.0.49337   116.26b7925
   dvametadataapi.framework   dvametadataapi   11.1.0.0   
   CITThreading.framework   CITThreading_boost      
   WRServices.framework   WRServices   12.1.0   12.1.0.1000
   AdobeAXSLE.framework   AdobeAXSLE   3.8.0.49109   116.89e9001
   amtlib.framework   amtlib   11.0.0.30   
   AdobeBIBUtils.framework   AdobeBIBUtils   1.1.49337   116.181fac1
   boost_threads.framework   boost_threads   11.1.0.0   
   aif.framework   aif   6.0.00.1   1.
   AdobeCoolType.framework   AdobeCoolType   5.17.00.49337   116.181fac1
   ems.framework   ems   1   
   dvamediatypes.framework   dvamediatypes   11.1.0.0   
   AdbePM.framework   AdbePM   2.4.00.1   1.
   boost_date_time.framework   boost_date_time   11.1.0.0   
   AdobeMPS.framework   AdobeMPS   5.8.1.49134   116.79353a1
   dvaui.framework   dvaui   11.1.0.0   
   ahclient.framework   ahclient   2.2.0.1   
   ICUData.framework   ICUData      gtlib_12.0.23744
   dvamarshal.framework   dvamarshal   11.1.0.0   

Erforderliche Zusatzmodule:

Aquarell 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Auto-Teilen 12.0.1, Copyright © 2001-2010 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“CropPhotosAuto.plugin”"
   Basrelief 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Bild gerade ausrichten 12.0.1, Copyright © 2001-2010 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“OnEdgeAuto.plugin”"
   Bild gerade ausrichten und freistellen 12.0.1, Copyright © 2001-2010 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“OnEdgeAuto.plugin”"
   Bildpaket 11.0, Copyright © 2003-2008 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“ContactSheetII.plugin”"
   Bildpaket-Filter 16.1  ©1993-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“ChannelPort.plugin”"
   Blendenflecke 16.1, Copyright © 2003-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Standard Multiplugin.plugin”"
   BMP 16.1, Copyright © 2003-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Standard Multiplugin.plugin”"
   Buntglas-Mosaik 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Buntstiftschraffur 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Camera Raw 13.0 (612), Copyright © 2020 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Camera Raw.plugin”"
   Camera Raw-Filter 13.0 (612), Copyright © 2020 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Camera Raw.plugin”"
   Chrom 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Comic 13.0, Copyright © 2001-2011 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Comic.plugin”"
   Comicroman 13.0, Copyright © 2001-2011 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“GraphicNovel.plugin”"
   CompuServe GIF 16.1, Copyright © 2003-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Standard Multiplugin.plugin”"
   Conté-Stifte 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Diagonal verwischen 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Differenz-Wolken 16.1  © 1993-2015 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Clouds.plugin”"
   Distorsion 16.1, Copyright © 2003-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Standard Multiplugin.plugin”"
   Dunkle Malstriche 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Durchschnitt 16.1  © 1993-2015 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Average.plugin”"
   Extrudieren 16.1, Copyright © 2003-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Standard Multiplugin.plugin”"
   Farbpapier-Collage 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Farbraster 16.1, Copyright © 2003-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Standard Multiplugin.plugin”"
   Fasern 16.1, Copyright © 2003-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Standard Multiplugin.plugin”"
   FastCore-Routinen 16.1  © 1990-2015 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“FastCore.plugin”"
   Feuchtes Papier 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Filtergalerie 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Fotokopie 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Fotos freistellen und gerade ausrichten (Filter) 16.1, Copyright © 2003-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Standard Multiplugin.plugin”"
   Fresko 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Füller und Tinte 13.0, Copyright © 2001-2011 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“PenNInk.plugin”"
   Für Web speichern 21.0.0, © 1999-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Save for Web.plugin”"
   Gekreuzte Malstriche 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Gerissene Kanten 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Gesichtsmerkmale anpassen 16.1, Copyright © 2001-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Liquify.plugin”"
   Glas 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Grobe Malerei 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Grobes Pastell 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Kacheleffekt 16.1, Copyright © 2003-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Standard Multiplugin.plugin”"
   Kacheln 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Kameraverzerrung korrigieren 16.1, Copyright © 2002-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Lens Correct.plugin”"
   Kanten betonen 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Kohleumsetzung 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Kontaktabzug II 11.0, Copyright © 2003-2008 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“ContactSheetII.plugin”"
   Kreide und Kohle 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Kreuzschraffur 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Kristallisieren 16.1, Copyright © 2003-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Standard Multiplugin.plugin”"
   Kräuseln 16.1, Copyright © 2003-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Standard Multiplugin.plugin”"
   Kunststofffolie 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Körnung 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Körnung und Aufhellung 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Leuchtende Konturen 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Malgrund 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Malmesser 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Matlab-Vorgang 16.1  ©1993-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“ChannelPort.plugin”"
   Mehrprozessorunterstützung 16.1  © 1990-2015 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“MultiProcessor Support.plugin”"
   Mezzotint 16.1, Copyright © 2003-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Standard Multiplugin.plugin”"
   Mit Feder nachzeichnen 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Mit Struktur versehen 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   MMXCore-Routinen 16.1  © 1990-2015 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“MMXCore.plugin”"
   Neonschein 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   OnEdge 12.0.1, Copyright © 2001-2010 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“OnEdge.plugin”"
   Ozeanwellen 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Patchwork 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Pixar 16.1  © 1989-2015 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Pixar.plugin”"
   PNG 16.1, Copyright © 2003-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Standard Multiplugin.plugin”"
   Polarkoordinaten 16.1, Copyright © 2003-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Standard Multiplugin.plugin”"
   Prägepapier 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Punktieren 16.1, Copyright © 2003-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Standard Multiplugin.plugin”"
   Punktierstich 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Radialer Weichzeichner 16.1, Copyright © 2003-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Standard Multiplugin.plugin”"
   Rasterungseffekt 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Risse 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Schwamm 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Schwingungen 16.1, Copyright © 2003-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Standard Multiplugin.plugin”"
   Selektiver Weichzeichner 16.1, Copyright © 2003-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Standard Multiplugin.plugin”"
   Solarisation 16.1  © 1993-2015 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Solarize.plugin”"
   Spritzer 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Stempel 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Strichumsetzung 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Strudel 16.1, Copyright © 2003-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Standard Multiplugin.plugin”"
   Stuck 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Sumi-e 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Tontrennung und Kantenbetonung 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Unterstützung für Skripten 16.1, Copyright © 2002-2015 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“ScriptingSupport.plugin”"
   Verbiegen 16.1, Copyright © 2003-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Standard Multiplugin.plugin”"
   Verflüssigen 16.1, Copyright © 2001-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Liquify.plugin”"
   Versetzen 16.1, Copyright © 2003-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Standard Multiplugin.plugin”"
   Verwackeln 21.1.0, © 2002-2020 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Lens Blur.plugin”"
   Verwackelte Striche 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Verwackelung automatisch reduzieren 16.1, Copyright © 2014-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Shake Reduction.plugin”"
   Verwacklung reduzieren 16.1, Copyright © 2014-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Shake Reduction.plugin”"
   Wasserzeichen anzeigen NO VERSION - aus Datei “DigiRead.plugin”
   Weiches Licht 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"
   Wellen 16.1, Copyright © 2003-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Standard Multiplugin.plugin”"
   Windeffekt 16.1, Copyright © 2003-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Standard Multiplugin.plugin”"
   Wolken 16.1  © 1993-2015 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Clouds.plugin”"
   Wölben 16.1, Copyright © 2003-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated - aus der Datei "“Standard Multiplugin.plugin”"
   Ölfarbe getupft 21.0.2, © 1991-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved. - aus der Datei "“Filter Gallery.plugin”"

Optionale Zusatzmodule und Zusatzmodule von Drittanbietern: KEINE

Nicht geladene Zusatzmodule: KEINE

Installierte TWAIN-Geräte: OHNE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, Ralph. I just did a reboot and started Photoshop Elements 2021 and the first time I started it, it was working OK. Photoshop Elements is Version 19.0 (20210811.m158081) x64. Premiere Elements is also Version 19.0 (20211007.daily.2243969).

Unfortunately, when I closed Photoshop Elements Editor and started it again, it hang. The icon kept jumping and I had to right click and end the process manually. The Photoshop Elements Launcher wasn't able start the Editor as well.

After another reboot Photoshop Elements started again - but also only for once.

So it seems I have the same problem as everyone else...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Randolph II, I have no idea when any fix for Monterey problems will appear.  I brought this thread to the attention of Adobe immediately because the Original Poster described problems with Elements 2022.  Most of the later responses relate to issues with Elements 2021.  

Since Monterey probably did not exist, even in beta, when Elements 2021 was released, it is not surprising that it was not tested with that version.  And based on my experience, I would say that Adobe will not offer any fix for that version.  (It is my understanding that there may be some complex legal/accounting reasons why that won't happen.)  So, as a Windows user who is glad he never used a Mac, my personal opinion is that Mac users should be asking Apple why it continues to release a new OS on a very frequent basis without taking into account its damaging effect on legacy programs.  At least MSFT does its best to make older programs compatible with newer OS releases.  And, as an early adopter in a prior life, I now find it easier to wait a while before updating an OS.  So while I have no personal experience, I am not seeing any unresolvable issues with Elements users updating to Windows 11.

I also encourage other users to describe their experiences with Monterey in this thread.  Not only does it help Adobe understand the scope of the issues, but the more detail that can be provided will help the developers find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, please note that Photoshop Elements 2022 is the only application wich doesn't work on my IMac after installing Monterey and I have many 😉 In fact, I don't meet often problem with upgrades of Mac OS. And I work with a Mac since 2010.  Hope this problem will be fixed rapidly : I use Photoshop Elements since many years and I like it.
Jean (Belgium)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having used Windows at home for almost 20 years and still using it at work, I can say that it has way more issues than macOS, especially when it comes to compatibility and usability. It's Adobe's job to fix this, especially for software that was released just a year ago. If they refuse to do so, it would be just a sign of bad service. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Monterey probably did not exist, even in beta, when Elements 2021 was released, it is not surprising that it was not tested with that version.  And based on my experience, I would say that Adobe will not offer any fix for that version.  (It is my understanding that there may be some complex legal/accounting reasons why that won't happen.) 

I bought "Adobe Photoshop & Premiere Elements 2021" from Adobe on April 30th, 2021. That means your software stopped working in less than six months. In Germany, where I live, this is still inside your legal warranty. So don't quote legal reasons for NOT fixing this. That would be clearly fraud.

So, as a Windows user who is glad he never used a Mac, my personal opinion is that Mac users should be asking Apple why it continues to release a new OS on a very frequent basis without taking into account its damaging effect on legacy programs. 

This is your answer? A blame game? Adobe produces Mac software since 1985. So in my eyes the company should know how to work with and for Apple. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new MacBook Pro M1 Max with a clean install of both the Mac OS (Montery) and Photoshop Elements 2021 - DOES NOT WORK.  It fails to open and have to force quit, multible times.  The program is worthless as sold today if you have a new Mac or upgrade to Montery. 

Adobe had plently of time to make this work as a developer - so what happened?????  I am guessing they don't care about their customers!

As it won't open how are we supossed to get an update?

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem after installing Monterey on my imac. I can only use Photoshop Elements once. If I close it and then try to open it again, I get a bouncing icon and PE refuses to load. I end up having to force quit. If I restart the computer, PE works again, but just once.

I called Apple Care about this problem today. I talked to a supervisor, who confirmed that nothing can be done to fix this problem. The problem must be resolved by Adobe. I was told that Adobe needs to develop a fix for the Monterey OS so Photoshop Elements 2021 will work normally without having to restart the computer.

The Apple Care supervisor suggested that we should call Adobe and urge them to make this fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To all Mac users who are offended by my comments:

This is a user-to-user forum.  I am not employed by Adobe.  I'm just here as a volunteer to offer some help to Elements users who are having problems with the program. 

No need to shoot the messenger.  😒

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines