• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 - Unable to continue because of hardware or system error. Sorry, but this error is unrecoverable

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have a big problem with my Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 because, when I try to run the program, the following message appears:

"Unable to continue because of hardware or system error. Sorry, but this error is unrecoverable"

probadobe2.PNG

My OS is Windows 10:

probadobe1.PNG

I tryed to hold on CTRL+ALT+SHIFT for reset the preference but don't solve the issue.

Can someone help please?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Can you please try re-installing the application once.

Thanks,

Anwesha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried 3 times but I still to have the problem.

Have you any suggest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this very same issue.  How are we to resolve this problem??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do i have to uninstall the photoshop and then reinstall? this is awful as I note that there is no further communication from adobe after others have said this doesnt work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ive uninstalled my elements, and now trying to reinstall, but it says I have insufficient authority and need administrator - but only me uses this computer, and had no problem when i first installed this program.

some response from adobe would bevery gratefully received.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Adobe does not support this version of the software any longer. There have been multiple reports that this old version does not function properly in the WINDOWS 10 environment. If you can't get it to work, try the free 30-day trial of PSEv.21. If it works and you like it, you may purchase it subsequently.

2. Meanwhile, try this: In windows 10, left click on the Start button and in the program list right click on Adobe Photoshop Elements. Hover over "More" and click on "Run as Administrator."  Perhaps PSE will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with Elements 10. It started when Windows 10 upgraded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this error recently.  I think I have solved it but I don't know the reason for the fix. 

I run the most recent version of  ccleaner and then restart my laptop and the error goes.  It seems that I'm going to have to do this every time I want to Elements, as rebooting the laptop the next day the error message returned, but after running ccleaner again then rebooting a second time and Elements works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi I've got the same issue on my mac? any solutions to this yet? I have uninstalled and re installed and get the same issue? and the new version doesn't seam to offer the same stuff as the old to looks more like a photo editing program not like what pSE offers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines