• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Elements V9 to new computer?

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2015 Apr 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Photoshop Elements V9 at my home Windows7 computer. I bought home a new Windows 8.1 computer and I need to use the software in this new computer. Can I install the same licence to the new or what to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 06, 2015 Apr 06, 2015

If it works on Windows 7, it will probably work on Windows 8.x as well.

You can activate your software on two different computers, so that should be OK as well.

If you need to, you can download the installer from https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/photoshop-elements-7-8-9-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it works on Windows 7, it will probably work on Windows 8.x as well.

You can activate your software on two different computers, so that should be OK as well.

If you need to, you can download the installer from https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/photoshop-elements-7-8-9-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Kindly check the  System requirements for Adobe Photoshop Elements 9

Thanks,

Atul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thanks for your aswers!

I have  now found 2 compatibility information about Photoshop Elements V9 and Windows 8.1

- Adobe: only versions 12 -13 are competible with W8.1 (System requirements | Adobe Photoshop Elements )

- Microsoft: V9 is compatible with W8.1 ( Windows 8.1 compatibility for Adobe Photoshop Elements version 9)

so ??

If V9 is compatible with W8.1, can I install the SW without uninstalling it from my W7-Computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your license allows you to have two activated installations, so if you wish you can keep the original installation as a backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Adobe says that a certain software will run on a certain operating system, it means most of the time that it had not been tested on other (newer) operating system, and the combination is therefore not supported.

However, very often (but not always) older software may run perfectly on newer operating systems.  Sometimes it requires that it is run in Compatibility Mode (e.g. Windows 7 or XP), but it's what you will have to find out.

As Ned writes, your activation of the software on the older system will not get lost when you install it on the second computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2015 Apr 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have now installed Elements in my W8.1-computer and the same licence number was ok.

It has worked fine both editing and organizer.

Thank you very much of your advices!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I transfer photoshop elements 9 from windows 7 laptop to a new laptop with windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Software does not transfer, you must use your disc or download to do a new install

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moderator moved from Photoshop to Photoshop Elements. Albeit 5 years late.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines