• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe unable to validate my Elements 15 serial number after PC repair

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After replacement of a faulty motherboard and CPU, my previously installed Elements 15 required S/N validation. My Adobe account appeared to accept the S/N that I entered and Elements worked as usual. (I purchased my software directly from Adobe and the S/N is recorded in my account.)

When I attempted to use Elements the next day, it indicated that I was already using the software on other computers. It is only installed on one computer and my Adobe account indicates that there are no activated devices.

Adobe Support verified that my S/N is valid and directed me to this forum because of the age of my software.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

When you replace the motherboard on your computer, the result is the same for the license as if you move to another computer. The 'activation' is linked to the identification of your hardware. The license is not valid for the new motherboard.  Same situation as a stolen or crashed computer. In those circumstances, you can't deactivate before the fact. Only Adobe Staff can deactivate the old computer to free one of the two activations you are allowed to. Then you can enter your license code in th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you replace the motherboard on your computer, the result is the same for the license as if you move to another computer. The 'activation' is linked to the identification of your hardware. The license is not valid for the new motherboard.  Same situation as a stolen or crashed computer. In those circumstances, you can't deactivate before the fact. Only Adobe Staff can deactivate the old computer to free one of the two activations you are allowed to. Then you can enter your license code in the new computer or the new motherboard.

It's not rare that Adobe help staff don't understand what they are supposed to do: remove the activation for the no longer available computer. You may have to insist that you don't ask for support or help for an older software version, just for deactivating. That usually take only a couple of minutes by chat or phone. Insist and even ask to be transferred to a supervisor if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Your solution was correct. I suspected something like that was the issue but was confused by my account listing no activated devices.

Anyway I'm back in business, so thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! Your solution was correct. I suspected something like that was the issue but was confused by my account listing no activated devices.

Anyway I'm back in business, so thanks again.

By @ph48611912

It's the second time I see someone checking for activations for PSE in one's account. As far as I know, only the activations for the subscriptions to the Creative Cloud are managed there. The Elements user has no way to see the activations on the various PSE versions in his 'products' list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines