Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advice Before Purchase of Photoshop Elements

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have been given a task/project to obtain high quality images of small sub areas of London street.

Once obtained they must then be printed in the centre of a approx 4x6 pre printed card.

I have attached a few examples of the existing images which need to be updated

First question is Photoshop Elements the best software to use? for image processing and printing

I need to be able to position the image on the 4x6 card precisely.

My plan is to buy the London A-Z (Big Print) and take picture and reduce the image to fit on card. Then print them on the cards.

Currently they have been cut out of a London A-Z and physically stuck onto the card.

Your advice to achieve the best quality result would be greatly appreciated

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

When you are readyto print, Go to File>print. In the dialog that opens, one can select the paper size. I have never has a problem printing from PSE. If the file is 4x6 (the canvas) and the paper size is 4x6, you're good to go, esp. if your printer is set up for borderless printing.

Suggest that you avail yourself of the 30-day free trial of PSE. Try it out. Come back here if you need help.

Free Trial | Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Further to above about a tool to position.

In the workflow delineated in my first post, the canvas (File>new>blank file) will be the Background Layer.

Then when you paste the sub area, this will come in on a separate layer above the Background Layer.

At this point you engage the move tool to position the sub area. The grid is helpful and there are rulers in the vertical and horizontal axes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have permission from the printers of the A-Z book? Although they are maps of public streets, they own copyright on their maps and they can and WILL sue if you reproduce it (though cutting it out may be OK)... A-Z is now owned by Harper Collins, one of the biggest publishers in the world. https://www.collinsbartholomew.com/azdigitalmapping/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This is not for comiercail use it is a personal project for my personal use of my local area. I could also use Google maps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a lawyer. 

The technical procedure to accompish what you seek is very easy, and PSE is well suited for this purpose.

1. Use one of the selection tools, e.g. the magnetic lasso tool,  to make a selection of the red circumscribed  sub area in your posting

2. Go to Edit menu>copy

3. Open a new, blank file 4x6" - - -your canvas

4. Go to Edit>paste

5. Activate the move tool to position the sub area

6. PSE has a grid which will facilitate orientation -- it will not print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hatstead

Thanks for your advice very much apprecated.

Just one more question regarding printing.

How can I tell what position the image is going to print on the 4x6 card, it has to be precise.

Is there a tool that heps you with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are readyto print, Go to File>print. In the dialog that opens, one can select the paper size. I have never has a problem printing from PSE. If the file is 4x6 (the canvas) and the paper size is 4x6, you're good to go, esp. if your printer is set up for borderless printing.

Suggest that you avail yourself of the 30-day free trial of PSE. Try it out. Come back here if you need help.

Free Trial | Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to above about a tool to position.

In the workflow delineated in my first post, the canvas (File>new>blank file) will be the Background Layer.

Then when you paste the sub area, this will come in on a separate layer above the Background Layer.

At this point you engage the move tool to position the sub area. The grid is helpful and there are rulers in the vertical and horizontal axes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks hatstread for all your help much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines