Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advice on creating a 'slideshow' of portrait photos of child as they aged

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I'm after some general advice, starting with whether Photoshop Elements might be the right too for the job, given that I have not purchased it yet.

I have taken a portrait photo of my child every month from when they were born until now, when they will be 18 next month. My intention was to create a slideshow of them to give to them on their 18th.

I have taken the photos from approximately the same distance away with a plain background. However what I want to do now is to edit them so that they blend better when fading between. For this, as much as possible I would like to

- crop/zoom the portrait face to be of similar size

- adjust the background to be of similar colour

- adjust the colour (hue, value, saturation) to be similar

Will Elements allow me to do these things? Is it possible to create a 'job' to do this automatically, given that I have 216 photos? Any advice on how to achieve the editing/retouching that I have noted above?

A fairly general set of questions I know, but any 'leg-up' appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

TOPICS
Actions , Creative , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think Photoshop Elements will do the kind of slideshow you have in mind.  The slideshow feature has 6 templates and there is no way to edit the transitions between images.  For that, you would need to use Premiere Elements.  The limit on Photoshop Elements images in a slideshow is 250.  You can put an unlimited number of images in a Premiere Elements slideshow.  You would need to get both programs in order to edit the photos that you are placing in the slideshow.  But Photoshop Elements should be able to make the edits you desire.

You can get a fully functional 30 day trial of each program to see whether they suit your needs.

Photoshop Elements 2020 free trial.

Premiere Elements 2020 free trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Greg

Many thanks for your reply, that's useful information.

My fault, I wasn't really clear enough in my post: the slideshow aspect I'm not quite so bothered about, it's more the capability to do the editing and retouching that I was interested in.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines