• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After new Install of Elements 2022 Text does not display until applied

Explorer ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Elements for three years, and now after installing (upgrading) the 2022 version I am experiencing problems with adding text. When I begin inputting text the cursor often does not move or skips but does not display the typed characters.  After blindly typing the text and applying the entry, the text appears on the display. What is happening and how do I fix this annoying problem.

TOPICS
Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Suggest that you contact Adobe directly by phone:

Reach us by phone (adobe.com)

Adobe should support this recent version of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try manually updating your video card driver software.   There are some different ways of  doing it, depending of what type of video card you have. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed your advice, however, no change. Entering text does not display until you check to apply. The cursor does not usually advance as you enter text, however, occasionally the cursor will skip forward yet not display. Any other thoughts or recommendations? I would not like to have to resort to version 2020 or event 2018 which performed well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Try to reset the type tool to default. To to that, look for a box with lines in it, bottom right on the option bar.

2. If that does not fix it, reset global preferences to default. Go to Edit menu>Preferences>General and click on "reset on next launch."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have performed both of your recommended steps twice and neither had any effect on the text display.  I have also uninstalled my previous 2020 version hoping that there are no "code scraps" that might be affecting my 2022 version.
I have not made any preference changes since the original installation...everything is right out of the box.

Is my next step to uninstall 2022 and re-installing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, re-installing Version 2022 DID NOT work. The fresh install still does not display inputted text until you hit the enter(apply) button. Thus you are forced to operate blindly when trying to add text to an image or just creating a simple graphic.

The steps I took are the following:

1. Uninstalled v. 2022 and previous v.2020
  2. Ran a registry cleaner to pick up any scrap code left behind. Found four.
  3. Downloaded and installed new v. 2022 and got the same result...no text display until text input was applied.

I am running a Lenovo T560 with W10 and 6gb Ram. The video driver is current.  I have used v. 2018 and v.2020 for four years and never had a problem.

Is it time to get my money back and try to locate an old 2020 to get back in operation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggest that you contact Adobe directly by phone:

Reach us by phone (adobe.com)

Adobe should support this recent version of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your advice and counsel.  I will follow up with that phone call on Monday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines