• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Again!!!!AGAIN!!!!! ELEMENTS ISN'T COMPATIBLE WITH IOS VENTURA??? REALLY?? AGAIN??

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AGAIN!!!!!!

PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS WONT WORK WITH LATEST IOS VENTURA UPGRADE????

THIS IS THE SAME ISSUES  ADOBE HAD WITH MONTEREY!!! (see attached)

I JUST PURCHASED elements 22 and now its already crashed???

WHY DONT YOU EVER TALK WITH YOUR USERS OR APPLE OR SEND A NOTIFICATION ABOUT UPDATES????

AGAIN RIPPED OFF???

REALLY???

AGAIN???

REALLY, really, REALLY!!!

you guys better fix this one!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one of the many reasons why I don't use a Mac, they change their OS and a lot of software stops working. Not really Adobe's fault, when Apple messes things up. I also don't upgrade my OS, unless I get a new computer or my OS is extremely obsolete. Don't fix it if it ain't broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chuck did Windows 11 cause software issues in its first week?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I'm not upgrading to Win 11, till I absolutely have to! Like I said, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly Chuck. I use both Windows and Mac and am still on Windows 10 because of the issues with 11. 😊

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nonsense, Chuck. Virtually every other app in the world--like Affinity Photo--provides a simple and free update when Apple upgrades its OS. You buy Affinity once and that's it. This is an Adobe money grab, pure and simpe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this SUCKS!

so what to do if already upgraded !!! 

this is the second time!! 

I upgraded to motnerey THEN adobe says don't do it... and I have just now repurchased 22 and have the same compputer (M1) and now its having issues!

this so sucks!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tom2181831781xv wrote:

this is the second time!! 

Tom, since this happened to you first with macOS Monterrey and then with macOS Ventura, you probably want to turn off auto-updates in System Pref so it doesn't happen a third time. If you have a Time Machine backup, you can use it to roll back your system. Call Apple first if you need further instructions. 

The screenshots in your first post are for Photoshop, not Photoshop Elements, and do not apply to PSE.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought from adobe... adobe needs to address this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has no control over what Apple does to their OS. Adobe will try and keep their most current version of their software current, but they will not update older versions. This is the same with any software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

funny adobe knows how to email me when they want something but can't email me when they know this isn't gonna be compatible...they shoiud just get off the Mac platform...or do what is right...(patch or free upgrade-I am pretty PO'd becuse after the montery fiasco, adobe mainly said buy a newer version at full price- they didn't care-) also if you go to the app store is shows that PSE22 works with this operating system on this computer... adobe updates that per apple support...do you work for adobe? if not pelase don't reply.. I'm waiting for an offical response...your opinion is noted but I am looking for facts...not opinions that don't offer suport, answers, or help...

thankyou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This is the same with any software."

Seriously? Virtually all of my 3rd party software from three or four Mac OS versions ago still works. It's simple to send out a free update. Adobe choose$ not to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

er... hello apple? can you fix adobe? they sure can't seam to...listen I'm not in the mood... adobe needs to address.... if you don't work for adobe please see below... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tom2181831781xv said:
do you work for adobe? if not pelase don't reply.. I'm waiting for an offical response...your opinion is noted but I am looking for facts

This is a user-to-user forum.  I don't work for Adobe but here are the official facts.

And here is my opinion:

One of the main reasons for having an OS is to interface with the computer hardware so that software like Elements will work on it.  Elements 2022 has been out in the wild for more than a year before Ventura was released.  Apple had ample opportunity to test whether that version (and indeed all prior versions) would work on its new OS.  As has been mentioned, Apple sells Elements in its store, so I'm sure it has an extra copy or two laying around for its engineers to test.  Now, users are finding that Elements 2022 (and presumably all prior versions) do not work with Ventura.  What conclusions do I draw from this?  Either Apple engineers are incompetent (which I think is unlikely) or Apple really doesn't care about providing OS support for legacy products of its competitors.   (Yes, Adobe is a competitor of Apple and, in the past, the relationship between the two has been very rocky.  But, I digress.)

So what is Adobe supposed to do about this state of affairs?  Keep providing updates for users who CHOOSE to break their installations by installing the latest and greatest OS?  Yes, it's a choice to update your OS.  And like every choice, you need to do the research before making the decision - particularly when you have been seriously burned by an uninformed choice in the past.  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice - well, I'm sure you know the rest.

Like other posters in this discussion, I am still on Win. 10.  I have been using computers since DOS 4 was the OS.  I know enough not to update right away if I can avoid it.  As Chuck said:  If it ain't broke . . . .  However, if and when I choose to upgrade to Win 11, I know that Microsoft provides utilities to ensure that my existing hardware and software is compatible with the new version before I dive in.  And when a Win 10 monthly updates sometimes breaks something, M$FT - the OS developer - usually fixes it within days or provides an easy way to roll back the OS update.  It does not expect other software developers to fix its code.  Apple apparently has a different business model.

So, while I sympathize with Elements Mac users who find that their earlier version is not working with the latest OS put out by Apple, I am not going to expect Adobe to provide an update on the day the new OS is released.  Apple is notorious for releasing software code that is changed at the last minute.   What I don't understand is why Mac users think that the problem is Adobe's and not the OS manufacturer who releases a product that won't work with legacy software.  And I also don't understand why Adobe should be the one to send notifications to its users that if you use a competitor's product, it will break your current software.  That is Apple's responsibility.

And since we have still not been told by any Mac user on this forum exactly what the problem is, we have no way of gauging  whether it is a universal problem or only a limited one. 

Having said all of that, I will bring this thread to the attention of the Adobe powers-that-be so that there can be further clarification of this issue, if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Affinity Photo just updates its program for free whenever Apple changes the OS, as do most other 3rd party software developers. Thi$ is a choce by Adobe, not Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, let me tell you what my problem is. I waited quite a bit before upgrading to Ventura to avoid some it's possible teething pains. Didn't avoid.

I pretty much use Adobe Photoshop Elements on a daily basis. About a week ago I cranked it up on my just installed macOS Ventura. The Elements window opened up at the top of my screen and was wedged there with the top menu line obscured. I couldn't get to the red, brown, green buttons to close it. I couldn't move the wi die. It was just wedged there.

After having the problem, a search with friend Google reveled that this same problem occurred in Photoshop and apparently Adobehad issued a fix. So why won't they issue a fix for elements.  I really needed Eldments, so I was forced to downgrade back to macOS Monterey. An extremely unpleasant experience. It took me a couple of days to figure how to do this, and then get it done. Ware'nt easy. The down grade process forces you to reformat your target disk... aaagghh. That happened to by my main disk. Luckily I had copies of just about everything on other disks. But I was unable to use SuperDuper or Carbon ops Cloner, both of which now completely erase the target disk (my newly re os-ed disk with my brand new copy of my old Monterey os). So backing up was mostly a drag and drop experience, leaving a cluttered new start-up disk.

I really find Adobe's smug attitude about not helping anyone with the legacy Elements 

program repulsive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"What conclusions do I draw from this?  Either Apple engineers are incompetent (which I think is unlikely) or Apple really doesn't care about providing OS support for legacy products of its competitors."

Microsoft also tells Mac users that software is supported for only two releases of macOS. I'm sure that Adobe, Microsoft and others are more than happy with Apple's decision to release new versions of macOS EVERY.SINGLE.YEAR. because they make more money that way. (There are laws against price fixing, probably should be laws against forcing computer users into abandoning perfectly good, not THAT old software (if not also hardware!). 

I read elsewhere on these forums that Germany is (or was) conidering legislation that would make manufacturers keep the support going for seven years. Heck, I would be happy if Apple would release a new macOS every three years and the "two versions prior" would add another two years onto the support (esp. for security updates).

For anybody frustrated by these practices, it's time to start lobbying your elected representatives. If a major State such as California should require Apple, Microsoft, Adobe and others to support their products for a longer term, it would force the issue for the entire country (much as California emission standards for cars improved emissions across all 50 states).

We need legislation to fix this rediculously fast upgrade treadmill. After all, at some point everybody retires, changes jobs (or loses a job) and can't do it. With the global inflation crisis, this is getting even more unconscionable and needs to be STOPPED at the State if not Federal levels. Similarly, if even one country would act to stop this, it would probably fix the situation for everyone else because Apple, Adobe and others aren't going to go to the trouble to comply with foreign support laws (i.e. Germany) and then get away with leaving everyone else unsupported. All it takes is one State or one Country passing a law that slows this merry-go-round down and consumers will be in the driver's seat again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tom2181831781xv said:
I JUST PURCHASED elements 22 and now its already crashed???

You haven't told us when you made your purchase, but if it was very recent you might be interested in looking at this article which gives information about a potential free upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, that link goes to a generic search help page. Thanks a lot Greg. Remind me to ignore your advice from now on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnd70391970, this is a user-to-user forum. No need to shoot the messenger.  The link for a free upgrade was working when I posted it, several weeks ago.  It allowed users who purchased Elements 2022 shortly before Elements 2023 was released (in September) to get a free upgrade. The time for that option has apparently now expired.  You snooze, you lose. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for the snark, Greg. I'm just done with Adobe. As I've said over and over, most other standalone programs provide free updates when Apple releases a new OS--including Affinity Photo ($50), Gimp (free) and others. I have a recording App, Piezo, that I bought over a decade ago. They just update it for the new Apple OSes, for free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Tom2181831781xv,

Please accpet our sincere apologies for the delayed response and the inconvenience you had to face.We'd like to work with you to set things right. Could you please share more details about the issue you're observing? Is Elements 2022 crashing on launch for you on macOS Ventura? 

Regards,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lot's of things you're not telling us:   any special software? why you complain about photoshop elements but post images related to Photoshop.  What have you done , extra, "because you know your way around computers"-- basic stuff like that.  People never talk about stuff like that --- editing their registry for example, turning off background processes, and manually installing plugins in the wrong location for example.

You have to provide information that can be used by other users to help you, typing in all caps, and porviding screenshots of a program that isn't even what you are talking about is just part of a rant. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're not going to fix anything. Thi$ is their business model. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines