• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

albums no showing all photo anymore

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the albums in Photoshop Elements are nog complete anymore. Lots of albums displaying: no media present, please remove filters, but there are nog filters. Lookin in Google: there are more people who have problems with this in the past. It looks like you have set filters but there are none. Some albums contains a few photos while there are plenty before.

I have no folter set and alle media displayed.

It looks like they are broken. It is not done to make new albums because i have 15.000 photos and they are all spread out of the disk and where into albums, this has taken hours to create and is not possible to do  that again.

Does someone has een alternative solution for broken albums?

I have made a new catalog and tried to export the albums and import them into the new catalog but this was not resolving the problem. 

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS and version of Elements are you using?

Do you have any backup of your catalog?

Other than the new catalog, do you have any other catalogs on your machine, perhaps from prior versions?

(You really can't export Albums from one catalog to another other than via a conversion from one version of Elements to another.  You can only transfer the Album structure.)

Have you made any other changes to your computer or your file or folder structure at the time you first noticed this problem?

Do you use any keyword tags?  Are they working properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Greg,

I am using Elements 2014 and tried to use the trial version of 2020 to see if i can import the albums, that worked however they did not contain the photos.

I did make some changes with some files but not with all the files in the different albums. It is strange. The keywords are intact.

I did notice however that the data of picture taken is for all Iphone photos gone, the date taken is not filled in but i believe this is inherent to Iphone.

The problem is that the albums where manu pictures from diffent years and occassions so not easy if not impossible to restore them.

I am afraid to start over but do not think that ik am goiing to use Elements anymore..

After some search it looks like Adobe Lightroom has also the capability for albums (collections).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines