Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Amazon Purchase of Photoshop Elements 2023

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Desperate for Assistance!!

Purchased Adobe Photoshop Elements 2023 from Amazon UK. I selected the PC version but I'm sure now I ended up with the MAC version. I can't return this on Amazon and it's the software isn't listed on my Adobe Account page. It gets worse, I can't see the previous versions of photoshop that I've bought and registered over the years, this include Photoshop Elements 13, 14 and 2020. I have done everthing to try and sort this but Amazon have no return facility for software and Adobe requires that you register your software in the downloading process. I am frozen out of any channels to communicate with either Amazon or Adobe. Can anybody help? (or has my money gone down the drain and there's no way back??)

TOPICS
Download and install , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I have located my previous photoshop elements purchases and now the only problem is that despite ordering a Windows Version of Elements 2023 I have an unusable MAC version. I cant access Adobe help as I have to have a registered Elements 2023 to enable me to make contact. I can't see a way out of this mess!! I definitely clicked on the PC version on the Amazon Adobe Elements 2023 tab. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you order this from Amazon? I said this to a similar post: Hi ... I was in the process of ordering this from Amazon also. I noticed on screen 1, it stated PC, but lower down, the selection (PC or Mac) said Mac ... so I changed it. So what happens as you proceed to 'buy it', it changes from PC to Mac and back. Amazon has made a massive error. I reported it and they said they would correct it, but as I write (27 Nov 23), it has not been put right. I did manage to get the correct one! I would suggest you go through the ordering process taking screen shots (without ordering) so if you dont get it resolved otherwise - try to demand Amazon resolve the issue ... it is their fault! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to your account under Plans and payment>Products you can register your pse 2023, then call or contact Adobe support and see if they will do a platform change.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/exchange-product-language-os.html

Adobe phone numbers

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

pr.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ... I was in the process of ordering this from Amazon also. I noticed on screen 1, it stated PC, but lower down, the selection (PC or Mac) said Mac ... so I changed it. So what happens as you proceed to 'buy' it changes fron PC to Mac and back. Amazon has made a massive error. I reported it and they said they would correct it, but as I write (27 Nov 23), it has not been put right. I did manage to get the correct one! I would suggest you go through the ordering process taking screen shots (without ordering) so if you dont get it resolved otherwise - try to demand Amazon resolve the issue ... it is their fault! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the helpful comments. Unfortunately I can't register my incorrect MAC copy as you have to install it to learn the serial number: I found something interesting, this is a screenshot of the order I placed on Amazon 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly the problem. But yes, I know you cant instal to register ... there is a similar post with contact links to Adobe - see attached. My suggestion was to push Amazon (not adobe) to get them to sort it as it is their error in the way they have created the listing. Best of luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Again Iain ... just a follow up comment as you suggested you need to install the product to get the serial number. Do you mean 'the Activation Code ... no you dont need to install it to get it. Infact you cannot instal it without the activation code. For purchases with Amazon, heres how to get your activation code(s) ...

In your Amazon account, go to your ‘Games & Software Library’. If the item was your last Software/Games purchase, it should be at the top of the page.

Note the redemption code – I would suggest copy and paste into a word document.

Now go to Adobe and log in with your account – as you are on these pages, you presumably do have an accounr.

Go to: https://redeem.licenses.adobe.com/getserial/#

And enter the redemption code. (it is a series of boxes similar to the Adobe activation code – I found it would not accept my typed in code, I had to copy and paste each individual ‘box’ from the copy and paste I did previous).

Click on ‘Redeem’

This will now show you the activation codes of your specific product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your support here. I am amazed that so many have helped me. I eventually got the problem solved via a contact in the software support section. This was a devil to find. I was refunded the money spent but with the operative, we established that Amazon was at fault in that if you selected the PC version of the software you ended up with the MAC version and if you selected the MAC version you ended up with the PC version. The operative has escalated this to the relevant department. I ended up buying the PC version by selecting the MAC option!!! I really appreciate your help and everybody else here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazon Support, at least in the US, seems to have a customer is always right attitude.  So, given the circumstances reported here, I would certainly pursue the issue with Amazon and ask to speak with a supervisor. 

I am also wondering whether your stated inability to get a response from Adobe is because there is no support over the weekend in the UK.  See the hours of operation posted in the telephone number link provided by Jeff.

And if you really need to register the product in order to get help from Adobe, check out this link for Amazon purchasers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your support here. I am amazed that so many have helped me. I have replied above regarding the eventual outcome. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines