• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Android Phone not detected in import issue - Photoshop Elements 13

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Elements 13 and previously have had no problem in importing photos from my Android V7 phone. Recently, however, when I connect my phone to my laptop  in Elements 13 Organiser and select import frpm camera i get a message saying no device is attached. Can you please help and advise?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop Elements from Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ernie,

That does not sound good, let's make it right.

Does your computer detect the phone?

Could you try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and let us know if it helps?
Preference file locations for Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thank you for your message. I clicked the link you sent and under 'Restore default preferences' but still my PS Elements does not recognise my phone. Sonow I don't know what else to do.

Sincerely,

Ernest Munton

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Windows Explorer recognize the camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I find out if Windows Explorer recognise my camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Computer (or My Computer on Windows 7) and see if your camera is listed when it's connected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PhotoShop Elements and Premiere 17 with Windows 10 and I have the same problem.

I cannot import photos or videos from my Samsung Note 10. The phone is detected when I try to import "from camera or card reader", but a window appears informing me to wait and everything ends here.
I have also tried to import using the "from files or folders" option and I can even view and select the files and folders on the phone (then the phone is detected and usable from windows 10) but when I press "get media" it does not nothing. The caltalog of Elements Organizer reappears but without taking any action.

It seams a bug of Elements 17. Please, solve it asap it is very limitating.

REgards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sertx,

Didi you find a solution to your probleme?

I seem to have the same, my phone is detected by the photos downloader but when I click on import the program freezes.

(I have Photoshop Elements 2020 and a Galaxy S8)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and no.
The problem was the number of photos on the phone. It was only a problem of time, but I had to wait for hours for it to react.
Now I upload them to the cloud and import them from there, much faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your fast answer.

Personnally I don't think it's the numer of photos because I don't have that many but I think I will use the cloud too if you say it's faster.

Take good care of yourself.

Eline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines