• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animated GIF isn't saving, it's "too big"

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might've been posted already, not sure, but I've figured out for the most part how to get a gif to work in PS Elements 15, but when I try to get it to actually save, it says it's "too big" and that I need to either "scale down the image or delete some layers", and I'm wondering just how small exactly does it want me to make this gif?  I've already tried to scale it down to a quarter of its original size; any smaller than that, and you probably won't be able to really see the gif.

I've never had this problem out of any other programs before, and I'm genuinely about to go back to one of those programs and manually input all 60-something layers of this gif just so it'll work properly...  But I'd really rather not, so any advice on this would be very welcome.

GIF TOO BIG.png

The gif has 65 layers, and is 534 x 720 pixels, if that's helpful to anyone.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Performance , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

That does not sound good, as you're getting an error while trying to save a gif, coulf you please try resetting the preferences of Photoshop Elements and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the exact same problem with a gif of which I removed the background. The original gif is 4,6 MB in size (400x400px, 60 frames at 20 fps). This also occured in PSE 15, resetting the preferences doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines