Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

APE 2021 and ACR 13.4

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have APE 2021.3 installed and wanted to upgrade ACR too. The actual ACR version as displayed by the settings function is 13.0.0.612. 

I downoladed the new ACE 13.4 installer, run it and consequently run the exe. However, the ACR in APE remained unchanged. 

What am I missing?

Kind regards, 

TOPICS
Download and install, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021
ACR 13.4 is available for download for photoshop elements- It does require a little copy and pasting of one file after it's downloaded and installed.  The only file you need to be concerned with is Camera Raw.8bi. Install ACR 13.4, copy the .8bi file and paste it here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements 19\File Formats You may need to rename the .8bi file that may allready be there- just add old to the name and move it outta there- stash it someplace safe you can find.  Camera Raw plug-in installer (adobe.com)...

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACR 13.4 is available for download for photoshop elements- It does require a little copy and pasting of one file after it's downloaded and installed. 

The only file you need to be concerned with is Camera Raw.8bi.

Install ACR 13.4, copy the .8bi file and paste it here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements 19\File Formats

You may need to rename the .8bi file that may allready be there- just add old to the name and move it outta there- stash it someplace safe you can find. 

Camera Raw plug-in installer (adobe.com)

It is a stripped down version of ACR found in Photoshop- but it should work fine for your camera. 

The only file you need to be concerned with is Camera Raw.8bi.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Glenn 8675309! Exactly what I needed. Solved!

Kind regards, Tone42

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I orignally saw the answer somewhere else- it was long , and a bit convoluted so I made the explanation as simple as it it gets.  I also created a quick access link to it so I don't have to go looking for it in the future  (don't change the name from FILE FORMATS if you do this)....

2021-09-05_144858.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines