Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are there settings for the Text Editing bounding box and underline

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Working with text in Elements is not easy for me because all text is underlined in editing mode and I can't find a way to turn it off. It means you cannot see if there is a stop/period on a line. Is there a way to turn it off? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the Type tool's option bar, look for 4 T icons. One of these is for underline. Click on it to turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks hatstead I'm not referring to the Bold-Italic-Underline-Stike text options, but the active bounding box. If you have Elements 15 and you create a text instance or edit an existing text layer, you will see the all the text is automatically underlined while the box is the active object. It's so annoying I'd like to get rid of it but can't see any preference settings for it. Thanks for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony,

Please mention the OS and locale on which you are working. Please attach a screenshot as well.

Regards,

Shivani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Shivani,

Windows 10. I don't know what a locale is and I'm not sure what screenshot you request??? This is about the text tool. For example when I use the Text Tool I can select a font, a style, a text size, etc, but what I am asking is, if it is possible to control the way it works, because I would like to remove the underlining of text when editing. I've attached a screenshot of the text tool in active/edit mode showing the underlining.

Many thankstext-tool.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines