• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are web slideshows dead & buried?

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the ancient version of Eleements, I was able to create a web slideshow that I was able to upload to my home page.  I can't find anything like that in the latest (trial) version.

Is there any feature in the latest version to that can help me get phots (with captions) on to my home page? (and one page at a time with me having to produce an index etc is not what I am after)

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Thank you for the time you put into your response.  Sadly, paying a monthly fee (for Lightroom) for something I use every few years isn't really sensible.

I guess that's the end of putting photos on my website.

By @steerage250

There are free solutions like:

https://www.opensourcecms.com/image-gallery-software/

(I have no personal experience with web galleries)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that what you are calling web slideshows are now called "web galleries". That's a way to store and organize your pictures with a 'filmstrip' to navigate easily in your photo collection. That's something like the F11 full view to run instant slideshows on your computer. You can store such galleries in your own personal website or export it to be used on a different computer.

Unfortunately, you are right that the feature has been removed from Photoshop Elements in PSE11, together with the ability to create your own customized slideshows with transitions and effects. The main reason was the necessity to offer a 64-bits version of the plugin; but there was also another reason for the web gallery. It relied on an old Adobe platform which did no longer offer security against web attacks.

So, now you only get automated, not customizable slideshows with PSE, you need Premiere Elements for that. Web galleries are available in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the time you put into your response.  Sadly, paying a monthly fee (for Lightroom) for something I use every few years isn't really sensible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By @steerage250

There are free solutions like:

https://www.opensourcecms.com/image-gallery-software/

(I have no personal experience with web galleries)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines