• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Analyse in Elements 11 seems to be hugging CPU/memory

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded Elements 11 from disc onto a new Windows 10 PC. Successfully completed updates but elements is sometimes unresponsive. I have noticed Elements Auto Analyse is hogging the memory. What is it and how do I control it? There are 1000's of images in the catalog. copied from the old PC if that is important. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, media analysis is very resource intensive.  In Elements 11, it basically performs face recognition as well as some crude smart tagging.  You can turn it off by going to Edit>Preferences>Media Analysis and unchecking the boxes to see if that will make any difference to the program's performance.  If you are interested in those features, you can turn them back on again and leave the computer running overnight or whenever you don't need it for other functions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines