• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automation Tools Greyed Out

Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Elements 2022 on a Windows 10 PC.  Automate Tools is greyed out when in Expert Mode and when a photo is being worked on. Filter has no mention of any plug ins. Do I need a plug in and if so where can I access plug ins?

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

@archiemacmhor said:

Divide Scanned Photos does work for me, but only for up to two images per file.

There is no limit to the number of photos on a scan that can be divided.  Here is an example I just made of 4 scanned photos that were accurately divided into 4 separate files.  In the past, I have had many more images on a single scan that can be divided accurately 90% of the time.  How accurate the division is depends on the quality of the scan, the spacing between each image and sometimes th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Thanks for your response. I have subsequently been able to scan and divide successfully up to six small images. most times it works well, with only the occasional hicup. All in all I am happy with the scanning/separating functions.

Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you MichaelBParis for your quick response and the two links. I only wanted Automate Tools to automatically separate and crop a file with multiple images. It would appear that to do this I would need to download the Google Nik Collection and/or ON1. Each ON1 would cost £45.86, so for all the use I would have for it, it would not be cost justifyable. A simpler and cheaper option would be to buy readily available software that can separate multiple images just like my HP printer used to do before it was updated.

I am puzzled as to why these greyed out menus are there if they cannot be used without additional software. It's like buying a new car fitted with windscreen wipers without the switch to operate them.

Thank you again for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am puzzled as to why these greyed out menus are there if they cannot be used without additional software. It's like buying a new car fitted with windscreen wipers without the switch to operate them.

By @archiemacmhor

The real problem is not that only some user are very interested with that option which give them a lot more editing power. It's that the name of the option is somewhat deceptive and lets users make asumptions about what kind of automation they may hope for. For instance, the option lets me use the very affordable Elements+ add-on with its huge number of useful scripts and recovered features from the full Photoshop.

https://elementsplus.net/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help and fot the link to Elements+. Elements+ certainly provides a great range of features, though I didn't see the Separate and Crop facility in the list. I think I will just live with the limitations of PSE 2022 and if I ever need to download a significant number of photos I will go for one of the various multi-photograph download programs that are available.

Many thanks for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Image>Divide Scanned Photos.   It's not perfect, but works in most cases.

Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, February 16, 2022_10h46m26s.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that suggestion. Divide Scanned  Photos does work for me, but only for up to two images per file. As I am not intending to scan a large number of photos it will be sufficient for me. But I do miss the old HP scanner software which would separate as many photos as you could fit on the scanner,

Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@archiemacmhor said:

Divide Scanned Photos does work for me, but only for up to two images per file.

There is no limit to the number of photos on a scan that can be divided.  Here is an example I just made of 4 scanned photos that were accurately divided into 4 separate files.  In the past, I have had many more images on a single scan that can be divided accurately 90% of the time.  How accurate the division is depends on the quality of the scan, the spacing between each image and sometimes the content.  (Black and white photos sometimes have patterns or lines that may confuse the auto-division.)

Ashampoo_Snap_Thursday, February 17, 2022_13h4m29s edited.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your response. I have subsequently been able to scan and divide successfully up to six small images. most times it works well, with only the occasional hicup. All in all I am happy with the scanning/separating functions.

Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines