• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Back up

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to backup PSE 10 from PC to laptop. Have installed same version of PSE10 onto laptop.

The two machine are linked virtually. The backup file received by the laptop are shown as xml files. The laptop, ie PSE 10 does not recognised the format. I have followed all backup prompt. Both machines use Microsoft 10

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to backup PSE 10 from PC to laptop. Have installed same version of PSE10 onto laptop.

The two machine are linked virtually. The backup file received by the laptop are shown as xml files. The laptop, ie PSE 10 does not recognised the format. I have followed all backup prompt. Both machines use Microsoft 10

By @Robert5E3C

Robert,

What do you mean, 'really' by 'linked virtually'?

The organizer backup creates a special backup folder including renamed copies of all your photo/video files and all assets in the catalog, like the database and thumbnail cache. That catalog folder is not a useable copy of your originals and catalogs, it's only for use by the 'restore' process of the organizer. In the backup folder you'll find xml or json files needed to manage features like face recognition, xmp files to store the edits for your raw files... those file types are not image format files that a photo editor can read. They are small text files storing technical information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks MichelBParis

The system tranfers 28,000 xlm file and one catalog.buc file

Had error message " C:\Progress Data\Adobe\Elements Organiser\Catalogs\JPG Catalog\Breeze Data \breeze -21826.xml

When I tried to restore the system was looking for a *.tly format file but none had been transferred!

Any ideas ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SOLVED

after several unsuccessful attempts RELOADED PSE 10 and bingo, it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines