• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Backup reminder no longer appears

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my previous versions of Photoshop Elements, after I had added a reasonable number of images to Organizer - or had renamed a reasonable number of images so that they appeared 'new' in the catalogue - I would get an on-screen reminder when I loaded Photoshop Elements suggesting that it was time to create a backup.

Since I moved up to PE2020 (version 18.0.0.0), this no longer happens.  Of course, I should remember to do regular backups anyway - but we're all fallible, and I appreciated being 'nagged' by the regular reminder.

Has this facility been removed in PE2020 or am I missing something in setup?  Is there any way of restoring it, so I have no excuse for forgetting to backup?  Thanks.

TOPICS
Feature request , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using PSE 2021 so some things may have changed, but I'd check your settings at first. Press ctrl-k and then the first section ("General"?). At the bottom you should see an option which you can use to specify your backup frequency, but it also should have a button which allows you to restore all warnings.

Now, I'm not 100% sure but I assume that this will also restore your backup warnings.

Hope this can help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that. I have tried the button to restore all warnings, and will see if that helps.

There isn't an option to specify backup frequency under "General" in PE2020, but under "Files" there is a box for "automatically prompt to backup files and catalogs" and this is selected (ticked).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines