• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Big SUR and Adobe 2020

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to Big Sur.  My Adobe 2020 was working.  Out of the blue, it started asking me to sign in.   I sign it, nothing happens.  It just asks me to sign in again.

Adobe support has no answers.   They say they don't support 2020.   I need to upgrade to support or post an question here.   Totally useless.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the OS requirements for PSE 2020......

I don't see Big Sur, do you?  

Big Sur (first released on Nov 12th, 2020) was the successor to  Catalina, and was succeeded by Monterey which was released on October 25, 2021.

2022-01-13_041636.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW: I posted the wrong OS, I upgrade from Big Sur to Monterey.

Your statement on the requirements for PSE2020 means Adobe doesn't care about bringing forward products to new releases of the MacOS.   Basically your saying when Apple release a new OS, you're going to release a new PSE package and the only choice for those who have bought PSE is to upgrade.

A great way of making revenue for Adobe.  Totally the oppose of how licensed software has been supported to this point.

I started in tech in high school in 1975.   The tech industry has slid from creating technology to helping customers to doing nothing more than figuring out how to maximize their revenue take from customers.   Supporting PSE2020 on Monterey is simple.   I'm sure you as Adobe have a layer that separates PSE (and all your products) from the OS.   That layer was updated to support PSE2022.   Adobe PSE2020 would just need to be recompiled and an update scheduled.   Simple, very little cost.  No technical reason that PSE2020 shouldn't work on Monterey.   Only big tech corporations like Adobe trying to maximize their revenue.    You are as bad as facebook, google, etc.l

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally removed PSE from my MAC and redownloaded it from Adobe's website.   The install now works on Monterey.   No clue as to why it suddenly stopped working and wouldn't verify.   If Adobe weren't playing the game of trying to get subscribers to upgrade this would have been an easily solution to suggest.   But Adobe can't even say that PSE2020 should work on Monterey.    I'll restrain saying more about how I feel about Adobe at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of the Mac issues are due to Apple killing 32 bit programs.   Glad to hear it's working ... for now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One final conclusion to this discussion and Adobe's responses.   I posted to this board based on Adobe's support saying they can't support me.   Their responses here were useless.   Ultimately, they sent me this private email rather than post it on this discussion.   Anyone believe Adobe has a clue at this point?

Big SUR and Adobe 2020

Hi,

You can Directly send Email to our Adobe Customer Care Team Email Address:-
Help24x7.Adobe@outlook.com and they will help you via Email.

Note:-Compose New Email and Write the Email Address without any Space mentioned above and send Email.

Team Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the brave new world of social media.   Your forum is yet another form of social media that is not monitored.   Sorry, I worked in tech for 32 years.   I don't anymore.   That's because tech has gone from focusing on improving peoples live to minimizing costs and maximizing profits.  Maybe Adobe should consider investing in resources to screen your forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't get a private email from Adobe. You got a private email from a scammer.  Their ID is verified, and they get booted.

I would \have to disagree about your statement about the forum not beign monitored.  It is a user based forum, as most are.  Admins / Moderators respon 24 / 7-- they live all over the place.   Most of them have well over 10 yearts of experience in the forum- responding to tens of thousands comments.

It what ways is it not monitored?  Are you expecting Adobe employees to sit around and kick out spam posts?
I don't know what software they have on the backend, however, I'm guessing psots from certain countries, posts that contain key words, and even lots of I.P. Addresses get banned from users who abuse the forum, or just join to suck people into a scam. 

When I've monitored forums for other software companies much of the oversight was automated.   In reviewing posts that got reported, or the software flagged, I made a decision to block or ban generally in less than 5 seconds- support people don't have the time to sit around and discuss for 20 minutes if the should ban someone or delete a post.

"tech has gone from focusing on improving peoples live to minimizing costs and maximizing profits"--- Sorry, I can't agree with you on that.  Tech has always been about profit.  Tech support has always been about profit.  Shareholders have to be answered to. 

Minimize cost, masximize profit"- that's what for profit businesses do.

Below is the basic info on some of the Admin / moderator type thaty respond to many of the comments, and take care of spam / inappropirate postings. 

2022-01-20_170423.png

----------------------2022-01-20_170554.png2022-01-20_170706.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a difference between "for profit business" and tech.   Remember, I have been in tech since 1975.   I know how it has evolved.

Silicon Valley is about getting rich.    Adobe, Apple, Microsoft, Google, Intel etc all create artificial business constraints to push people to upgrade (in your case), move to a subscription model (where you guys are trying to move everyone), and specifically make it so other tech (especially startups) can not disrupt old tech.   Don't give me your platitudes.   I have worked for big tech companies that do that and also small startups.   Companies like Adobe buy out small startups just to takeout a competitor.  Do you not understand the biggest issue in the US is wealth inequity.   Most of the wealth is concentrated in tech.    Tech companies are an evil that we just need to deal with.   It would be trivial for you to support older versions of PSE on new MAC OS.    You only chose not to to minimize cost and maximize profits.  As for 32bit vs 64bit, seriously??????    It's ridiculous to claim that has anything to do with making apps work.   I have written lotsa software.   Fixing 32bit vs 64bit was something that everyone focused on in the 2000s.   Its meaningless in 2020s.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines