• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank areas between thumbnails

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS Elements 2020 Mac OS X (Mojave) why are there large blank areas between thumbnails when scrolling through organizer ?

TOPICS
Actions , How to , Mac , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you are in the 'detailed' view, which is the only one able to display date_taken, file name and the various stacks/version sets icons.

You seem to want the 'adaptative view', which only shows the thumbnails.

You switch from one mode to antother with the shortcut 'Ctrl D'.

(I only use the detailed view).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are 2 separate screen shots as examples of what I was referring to when I inadequately described “blank spaces”. It is almost like there were files in those void areas that have been left after files have been removed. What do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are 2 separate screen shots as examples of what I was referring to when I inadequately described “blank spaces”. It is almost like there were files in those void areas that have been left after files have been removed. What do you think?                                                                          Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 11.20.17 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-22 at 11.28.53 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never seen or heard of anything like your screenshots.   What happens if you use full screen view of an image - do photos scroll normally one at a time, without any gaps showing? Have you, in fact, deleted large numbers of files from the catalog?

The only suggestion I can think of right now is to repair and optimize the catalog from the File>Manage Catalogs dialog.

PS I know almost nothing about Macs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great suggestions. Unfortunately optimizing made no difference. Oui, I have deleted many duplicates from my Catalog. When I am in full screen view and scroll one thumbnail at a time the blank spaces (files) appear as white thumbnails (no description or info) until I advance enough to view the next visible file. I guess that I could backup and then restore the catalog to this computer and see if the spaces are eliminated. Merci.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the next step would be to delete the thumbnail cache.  I assume that it is the same on Mac as Windows.  So look for the thumb.5.cache file in your catalog folder and delete it.  Depending on the size of your catalog, it may take a while to rebuild the thumbnails.  Before deleting the file, you may want to back it up or just rename it.  The file should then be rebuilt automatically when you relaunch the Organizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines