• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

blurry/grainy photo

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i see a wonderful picture to download from my yahoo email.  i download the photo and its very grainy/blurry.  i have photoshop elements 2021.  i have been working on fixing this issue for a month to no avail.  can anyone help me please?  can i send you the picture?

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the pixel dimensions of the image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original image is 563 x 750, at 72 ppi, and a bit blury to start off with.  You are not going to be able to do much with it.  I first tried in Phtoshop Elements, and it seemed to make it worse.

I tried again in Phtoshop (see below) again, it didn't seem to do much for it. 

Lots of smart  people here- that may have a better way of doing it resulting in a much better image that what I came up with.

2021-08-17_114956.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the following:

1. Opened picture file

2. Opened a Levels adjustment layer and dragged the right sider to the center

3. Opened a Brightness/contrast adjustment layer and boosted the brightness a tad and the contrast a moderate amount

4. Inserted a nice blue sky with clouds to replace the bland sky

5. Flattened the image and sharpened with unsharp mask

6. Added a stroke.

blurry_2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Glenn says, this is a very low resolution image that has probably been degraded because the file has been reduced in size to send via email.  There are a number of somewhat expensive plug-ins that are available to use in Elements if you are interested.  But even these have their limits.  I believe this screenshot gives you an idea of what can be done with a blurry photo.  However, because of the low resolution, you are still going to get some blocky artifacts.

Snap_2021.08.17_12h18m2s_001.png

Added:  And as hatstead has mentioned, you can add a blue sky in the Perfect Landscape Guided Edit:

Snap_2021.08.17_12h22m54s_002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines