• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bought Photoshop Element, Creative Cloud installed without asking

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought/upgraded Photoshop Elements and now I find Creative Cloud running on my computer. How do I get this uninvited curse off my computer. It won't allow me to uninstall.

TOPICS
Download and install , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason CC has been installed with Elements 2021 is that a limited number of users have been offered a trial version of a feature that allows them to save their images to the Creative Cloud.  I believe a 2GB free account is offered.  There is no subscription involved and the feature is completely free.  For this reason, it is unwise to try to uninstall CC from your machine.  It may break Elements because the feature is integral to the file saving system.  If you really want to get rid of the program, you can try using the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool.  But, as I say, this is not recommended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanksfor explaining. I really wish I could just eliminate it. I have also discovered that it is not just installed, but also running (through Task Manager). What a pain...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@rensom, Why do you refer to Creative Cloud as a "curse"?

In addition to Elements 2020, I have PS 22.4.3 which includes Creative Cloud. The CPU, Memory, Disk, and Network usage for Creative Cloud are all very low and don't interfere with or inhibit other processes on my computer.

CCloud.png

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines