• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Boxed version of Elements 2021

Contributor ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been looking to purchase the boxed version of Elements 2021 and i have noticed 

on some adverts that it is Windows 10 Only or Mac. I know in previous versions that the Disc version comes with two discs 1 for Mac and 1 for Windows has this now changed to one platform only per purchase.

Regards Adrian 

TOPICS
Mac , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

In the United States, the DVD boxed version has always contained a disc for both Mac and Windows.  For at least the past couple of years, the download version is specific to the OS.

I have just checked some online retailers and the boxed versions DO contain discs for both operating systems.  What is confusing is that the image used for the download versions is the same as the box version.  However, those ads are clear that they are selling a download for a specific OS (Mac or Windows), and you c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forums!

"I have been looking to purchase the boxed version of Elements 2021 and i have noticed 

on some adverts that it is Windows 10 Only or Mac."

Well, I looked this up on a Dutch webshop which I trust because of solid past experiences and well.. there are boxed versions available but it's not made very obvious what it what. While the overview says that the box is usable for both Windows and Mac the box specifications only mention Windows. So it's my assumption that these boxes ship with a license for Windows by default.

So this has not changed to one platform per purchase. I bought a version for Windows (through the Adobe website, so electronically) and so my product overview only shows me a serial number for Windows, I cannot use this software on Mac.

However... it's my understanding that if you want to change between versions then Adobe support won't make a big problem out of this so you wouldn't have to buy this software again. Of course.. that's based on posts I think to have read here, do with that as you will.

Hope this was useful for you!

PS...  I apologize in advance for making this sound like an ad (not my intention!) but if you're considering a purchase may I suggest that yu also keep an eye out for the Elements suite which consists of both Photoshop and Premiere Elements? The reason I mention this is because you'll pay a lot less for this combination and even though you may not be interested in creating movies...  Premiere can also be used to make some really awesome (and fully customized!) digital photo albums. So showing your pictures in a collage of some sort but instead of using pre-made templates you'd be making your own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I would still prefer to purchase a boxed version rather than a download.

I have purchased this way in the past and have always had two discs in the box

One for Windows and one for Mac enabling me to install Elements on my IMac and also 

on my windows laptop.

Regards Adrian 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the United States, the DVD boxed version has always contained a disc for both Mac and Windows.  For at least the past couple of years, the download version is specific to the OS.

I have just checked some online retailers and the boxed versions DO contain discs for both operating systems.  What is confusing is that the image used for the download versions is the same as the box version.  However, those ads are clear that they are selling a download for a specific OS (Mac or Windows), and you cannot use a download version to install one copy on a Windows machine and one on a Mac (as is allowed with the DVD). 

If you are buying from an online retailer, just make sure that you are buying the DVD boxed version.

This information only relates to the United States.  It is possible that things are different in other market regions of the world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One further point:  AFAIK, Adobe does not sell a boxed version from the US website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Greg,

Many thanks for yuor reply and the clear answer.

I am based in the UK and i have always purchased the box version which contained the two discs.

I was just a little confused when i noticed some sellers with only Windows versions or Mac only versions.

Which caused me to think there had been a change.

Regards Adrian 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines