• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bulk loading 20 photos in a folder taking forever, and not finished yet

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large collection of photos in PSE 2022 Organiser (375GB, 160k photos.) To date it's worked fine. I now find when I bulk import photos (eg 10 photos in a folder) they seem to import, but the thumbanils have hour glasses showing, for hours! (well forever actually as they are still there).   The photos are not huge (eg 5MB each ). I know this can happen if the pixel size is too large, but I have 16GB RAM, so these photos should not be impacted. Is there some other limit that I've hit?   If so how can I deal with this?  Do I need to turn off analysis while loading?  However, at the moment People Recognistion is unticked.  Task Manager says Organiser is using lots of CPU (63%) and GPU (14%) at the moment (11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz).

Ray
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

You mentioned that it was working before--did you change something? Upgrade software or hardware? How full is your hard drive?

Reaching a pixel limit is not your problem--the limit is 30,000 pixels, and you are nowhere near that with a 5 mg file. Does it speed up after you reboot your machine? 

Here is a help doc on size limints:https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/maximum-image-size-limits-photoshop.html

Let us know if this helps, or if you are still having the issue.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines