• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bypass the Welcome Screen PSE 2021

Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a mistake and purchased Photoshop Ellements for Windows 2021 instead of the 2019 version.

The 2019 version is like a DC3 airplane ... the only suitable replacement is another one just like it.

How do I bypass the Welcome Screen and go directly to Photo Editor in PSE 2021 for Windows.

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

I stand corrected 😞

They changed the ICON for the folder and I thought it was a link.

PSE 2021.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Let me be perfectly clear:

• Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021.exe exists in the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2021\Elements Home folder.
  • A shortcut to the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021.exe file is also present in the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2021 folder.
  • The above file and shortcut are  NOT what you want.  They take you to the Home Screen that you seek to avoid.
  • You need to look for the PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe file which is also present in the C:\Program Files\Adobe\

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found several post that state the following:

To make a separate desktop shortcut for the Editor.

1. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2021.
  2. Locate PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe.
  3. Right-click on PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe and chose Send to > Desktop (create shortcut).\

Let me be clear:

neither the directory "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2021"

or the program "PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe" exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to C:/ Program files/Adobe and create a shortcut for PhotoshopElements.exe on your desktop by right dragging to the desktop and choose "create shortcut." Open it from the shortcut created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file "PhotoshopElements.exe" does NOT exist in Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021

(i even checked for hidden files) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stand corrected 😞

They changed the ICON for the folder and I thought it was a link.

PSE 2021.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021.exe exists in the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2021\Elements Home folder.
  • A shortcut to the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021.exe file is also present in the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2021 folder.
  • The above file and shortcut are  NOT what you want.  They take you to the Home Screen that you seek to avoid.
  • You need to look for the PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe file which is also present in the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2021 folder.  Creating a shortcut to this file on your desktop will take you straight to the Editor.
  • An alternative to creating a desktop shortcut is to open the Editor and pin the program to the Taskbar by right-clicking on the program's icon in the Taskbar.

And for anyone who might be having difficulty finding the correct files in Windows File Explorer, do not be confused by the fact that the Editor's program folder is a custom one - not the normal yellow folder icon that we are probably all familiar with.

Snap_2021.12.30_16h42m28s_005.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK.  Looks like you found the correct file before I cross-posted.  You are not the first to be confused by the custom folder icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines