Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bypass Welcome Screen Photoshop Elements 2022

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bypass Welcome Screen Photoshop Elements 2022

Used to have a check box, then in Edit/Preferences, but now it doesnt seem to ba anywhere

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Yes, there is no automatic preference to bypass the welcome screen.  You can

• create a desktop shortcut to the PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe file (found in the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2022 folder) or
  • Pin the taskbar icon when you have the Editor open (right-click on the taskbar icon and choose to pin it).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

@BanJaker, the devil is in the details.  Your screenshot shows that you have chosen Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022 as the default program.  This is the Home Screen program.  You need to choose the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022 Editor as the default program.

Snap_2022.08.29_13h11m28s_000.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there is no automatic preference to bypass the welcome screen.  You can

• create a desktop shortcut to the PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe file (found in the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2022 folder) or
  • Pin the taskbar icon when you have the Editor open (right-click on the taskbar icon and choose to pin it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks.

Not sure why they keep making it harder and harder.

Maybe Photoshop Elements 2023 should put in deep in the registry and Photoshop Elements 2024 should bury it in my back yard and give me map on the back of a napkin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My sympathies Fred-Dineage. If you follow the advice here, PSE pops up, but with a "Sign in required." window that you have to close, then click on "Yes" on the followup window before you can actually start editing... 👎

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or, simply edit the properties > location of the existing shortcut to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2022\PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the correct answer offered by sfshank except the year is wrong.

Target: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2023\PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe

Start in: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2023

Or goto C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2023 right click on PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe click on >  Send too > and select Desktop (create shortcut) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is well and good, but when you double click on a picture in a file folder, how can you go directly to PSE without it opening the Home Screen.  The only way I've found to do this is by being in PSE and click "open" and then go to the file.  But sometimes I find myself in the folders and want to open the picture I want from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BanJaker, you can choose the Editor as the default program to open jpegs (or other file types) in Windows Settings:

Snap_2022.08.27_11h57m13s_002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does not work either.  I have jpg default to open in PSE 2022, but when I double click on my file in file explorer, it still opens the home screen to PSE.  See screen shots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BanJaker, the devil is in the details.  Your screenshot shows that you have chosen Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022 as the default program.  This is the Home Screen program.  You need to choose the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022 Editor as the default program.

Snap_2022.08.29_13h11m28s_000.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU ARE MY HERO!  That was it.  Has been a challenge to try to get Windows to add the Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor, but I think I have it whipped.  I appreciate it, maybe I won't be cussing my computer quite as much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines