• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera raw in elements 14

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now use Canon 6D mk2, Elements will not open raw files from this camera I have raw plug in 9.5.0.585 in elements and and a cheque of updates says that I am . What does anyone advise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

PSE14 can no longer be updated. Consider buying the upgrade to PSE2018 or convert to DNG

DNG Converter is free. You can batch convert a whole folder of Canon Raw images into Adobe raw (DNG) without any loss of quality and the dng files will be backward compatible with your PSE14 software

Get the latest DNG Converter Mac OS  | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE14 can no longer be updated. Consider buying the upgrade to PSE2018 or convert to DNG

DNG Converter is free. You can batch convert a whole folder of Canon Raw images into Adobe raw (DNG) without any loss of quality and the dng files will be backward compatible with your PSE14 software

Get the latest DNG Converter Mac OS  | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the advice - which I will follow . Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there I've just looked into downloading DNG converter and Adobe site says the following

"In addition to the Digital Negative Specification, Adobe provides the free Adobe DNG Converter (Windows | Mac OS), which easily translates raw files from many of today's popular cameras. Software developers and manufacturers can download the complete DNG Specification (PDF, 486k). DNG is supported by the following software versions: Photoshop CS to Photoshop CC, Photoshop Elements 3 to Photoshop Elements 12, and all versions of Lightroom." This indicates that DNG is only supported up to 12 - I am using Elements 14.

Any thoughts

OK - Have downloaded DNG converter and have tried to convert CR2 file from Canon 6D II  - message reads - No items match your search

Any thoughts anyone

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DNG is supported by the following software versions: Photoshop CS to Photoshop CC, Photoshop Elements 3 to Photoshop Elements 12, and all versions of Lightroom." This indicates that DNG is only supported up to 12 - I am using Elements 14.

That info is outdated. Adobe has an unfortunate habit of sometimes leaving outdated references in their online content.

The DNG converter is supported by all current versions of Adobe software, and Elements 14 definitely supports it.

Have downloaded DNG converter and have tried to convert CR2 file from Canon 6D II  - message reads - No items match your search

The DNG converter works by searching for images inside a folder specified by you.

Point the converter to the folder containing the image(s) and let the converter do the rest.

See: No items match your search

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply,

I pointed the converter at the folder with Raw images and received the message

"No items match your search"

Not sure what else to try

OOOOPS!!!

Just followed your link and it works

Sorry - a bit impatient

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility

For the record, the 6D Mark II was first supported in Camera Raw 9.12 (nine point twelve) which is only compatible with Elements 2018 (current version) so you'll never be able to open those Raw CR2 files in Elements 14.

Your options are outlined by 99jon above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines