• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera raw update to 12.2 or newer for Photoshop Elements 2019

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I need the minimum Camera Raw plug-in version of 12.2 to process RAF files on Photoshop Elements 2019. I've spent hours to find a workable answer but with little luck. Is it or isn't it possible to update the present Camera Raw (11.4.0.273) to 12.2 or newer? I've tried using the DNG converter, but I'm not very confortable with it. A Camera Raw update would fix the problem more effectively. 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Download and install , How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Try this workaround from Adobe to install the Adobe Camera Raw plug in version 12.2.1:

Update the Camera Raw version on your Mac or Windows machine

However, although you say you want to open RAF raw images, you haven't told us which model of camera you have - it is the camera model that determines which version of Adobe Camera Raw you need. I'm guessing it's the XT-4 but just want to make sure 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks for your prompt reply! And yes, you guessed right: it's the X-T4.

I did as instructed, managed to install a newer version of Camera Raw, also managed to lose Photoshop Elements 2019 from Program Files > Common Files > Adobe > Plug-Ins after uninstalling a trial version of Photoshop Elements 2021, but the main thing is that I can now open RAF files on Elements, although the Camera Matching Profiles don't quite look like the film simulation options of the X-T4.

Still, I'm almost happy with the results as they are and will use the current settings to process my photos. Many thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines