• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I change from PC to mac and from having pictures on hard drive to Apple Cloud?

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am considering changing from using a pc to a mac. I currently have pse 19 on my pc. Can I change it over to a mac? Also, my pc has all of my pictures (30,000!) stored on the hard drive, but the mac won't have the storage for that. If I move the pictures to the Apple Cloud, will I be able to access them through my PSE on my mac? And will all of my metadata and tags transfer over? As you can imagine, with 30K pictures I rely heavily on that to be able to find what I'm looking for. I just want to make sure I don't regret making the change to a mac.  Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(you're welcome.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a lifelong Windows user, I won't comment on whether you may regret moving to a Mac.  🙂  However, you will find everything you need to know to move your catalog from Windows to Mac in this article.

If you have the Windows desktop app for iCloud, you will be able to open files from your iCloud account but I don't think you can save them directly to the cloud.  You will have to store them on a local hard drive and then synch them with the iCloud.  (I'm not too sure about this.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines