• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I delete files in the Adobe/Elements Folder

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have backed up my PE catalog but there are the same plus more of the same photos in the Adobe/Elements folder. There are also a lot of duplicates in this folder. Can I safely delete the entire folder and be able to backup or restore My Catalog?

Pat

TOPICS
Actions , How to , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you provide the full path to this Adobe/Elements folder? Have you created this folder manually or it has been created by the program?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folder is on the same drive as My Catalog. It is under H:\documents\adobe\elements organizer. The catalog is H:\my catalog. I did not create the Adobe directory, it was created by the program. It contains all pictures and many duplicates and is a much larger file than either My Pictures or My Catalog. My pictures are in a directory on my C drive-C:\My Pictures. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Organizer does not create any folder in Documents folder. Can you provide a screenshot of the contents of this folder? Does it contain only images or some other files too? 

Also when you did a backup of catalog, what location did you select? Backup does not only backup your catalog database, but the media too. If this media was created after the backup, you will need this media, when you restore the catalog.

If you only want to do a backup of catalog database and not the media, you should use File->Backup catalog->Backup catalog structure

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Somya,

Adobe DOES create folders in the Documents folder. here's a screenshot. I did NOT create this!

2021-01-19 09_08_19-C__Users_Ted_Documents_Adobe.png

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since all my photos are on drive C, I want to have the catalog on drive C also. However when I backup the catalog to drive c and then do a restore of this catalog, elements still shows the information for each photo as being in drive H. I'd like to delete all catalogs, etc from drive H.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@patetc 

The folder is on the same drive as My Catalog. It is under H:\documents\adobe\elements organizer. The catalog is H:\my catalog. I did not create the Adobe directory, it was created by the program. It contains all pictures and many duplicates and is a much larger file than either My Pictures or My Catalog. My pictures are in a directory on my C drive-C:\My Pictures.

The default installation of the program and the locations of the pictures are in the C drive, nobody but you can explain what the H drive is and how it is related to your catalog. For instance, we are seeing a similar mess when there has been a change on your original system drive when a new SSD has been cloned from your original drive;  or you have chosen to install PSE on a different drive, or you have moved your Users libraries in Windows to different drives; or you have set the default location for saving files in PSE;  or if you have restored a full backup in the wrong location...

Screenshots would help to know how and where to start as well as the history of your setup in your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to create My Catalog on Drive C by backing it up to the new location. I then deleted all catalogs and Adobe files in Drive H, which is an external hard drive. My Catalog on Drive C has all files duplicated. The duplicates are not shown in Elements.  Not sure why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines