• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I get upgrade pricing for Photoshop Elements 2023 coming from an obsolete version?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got an outdated version of Photoshop Elements (1.0.3) that came with a scanner that I used to use many years ago and still have the serial number. I'm restarting photography and photo editing as a hobby. Can I still purchase the upgrade, rather than the full, version of 2023?

I don't want to purchase the upgrade version and then be told I can't use it 😏

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, I have just asked Adobe Support whether the discount is available for you.  I was shocked to learn that it is!!

Here is a transcript of my chat:

Snap_2023.01.13_11h25m51s_003.png

I have also been using Elements since the beginning, and probably received my first copy with a scanner purchase.  But I am a little hazy about the naming conventions.  My recollection is that the first version was called Photoshop Album.  It then became Photoshop Elements 2.0 which was also probably a freebie.  Do you have a disc that actually says Photoshop Elements in its title?  (First releases of software don't usually have a version number 1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information.

My install CD says, "Adobe Photoshop Elements 1.0.1" and is dated 04/01. I just managed to register the serial number I had to my Adobe account. I also still have my first book "Adobe Photoshop Elements - A visual introduction to digital imaging" by Philip Andrews via Focal Press first published 2002.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screenshot of 1.0

2023-01-13_124703.png

2023-01-13_124912.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Long story short, I contacted Adobe Customer Care Team by email, and they arranged for me to get a full license for Adobe Photoshop Elements 2023 for £70.91 which is the list price for a version upgrade according to Amazon UK.

Apparently I could NOT upgrade my bundled version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found I've been duped. I got an email from help24x7@outlook.com about my upgrade not being valid. I stupidly didn't check and assumed they were legit. Turns out they tricked me into sending them £70.91 and they provided me with a license key that had neen used before - have escalated to PayPal. What an idiot I was!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm . . .  I just did a Google search and found a sealed copy of Photoshop Elements 2.0 available for sale and Photoshop Album was included with it.  Album obviously morphed into the Organizer.

Snap_2023.01.13_11h35m32s_004.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that came with a scanner

By @Peter27773638b5g3

I don't think the serial number from a bundled version will allow the discount.

I have PSE 5.0 that was bundled with a scanner, and it was not eligible for upgrade pricing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peru Bob said:

I don't think the serial number from a bundled version will allow the discount.

I have PSE 5.0 that was bundled with a scanner, and it was not eligible for upgrade pricing.

If Bob is correct about this, you can always request a refund within 30 days of purchase.  Or contact Adobe Support and they will either honor the information given to me in a chat or allow you to pay the $20 for a full version and make the appropriate change to your license.

(And, Bob, are you sure you are not talking about Photoshop LE 5.0 which is another precursor to Elements and was bundled with other products?  I think I received mine with a graphics card.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely PSE 5.0.   I still have the disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter27773638b5g3, I assume that you received an email notification for a Private Message that was sent to you on the forum.  Can you please tell us the name of the "person" who sent you the Private Message so we can get them banned from using the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The real test, even if you got the upgrade version, would be whether or not the pse 1 serial would be accepted at installation time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines