• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I sell my old Photoshop Elements 2018 discs?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rceently upgraded to the newest Elements. I deauthorized my computer with the 2018 version I had. Am I allowed to sell it or is it permanently linked to my personal log in?

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

>>>I rceently upgraded to the newest Elements. 

If you paid the upgrade price and got the upgrade version of 2020 then you cannot sell 2018. Your 2020 is an extension of your 2018 license so you still need your 2018 serial number to use your 2020 upgrade serial number - and whenever you need to reinstall 2020.

You also cannot sell 2018 if it is an Educational or Student version.

If you paid full price for a full new version of 2020 (not an upgrade) then you can sell your non-Student versio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible.  But Adobe makes you jump through a lot of hoops.  See this article.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>>>I rceently upgraded to the newest Elements. 

If you paid the upgrade price and got the upgrade version of 2020 then you cannot sell 2018. Your 2020 is an extension of your 2018 license so you still need your 2018 serial number to use your 2020 upgrade serial number - and whenever you need to reinstall 2020.

You also cannot sell 2018 if it is an Educational or Student version.

If you paid full price for a full new version of 2020 (not an upgrade) then you can sell your non-Student version of 2018 using the link posted  by Greg_S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines