• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I skip the home screen and load just the Editor every time?

Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the latest build of PSE 2021, the process to open the Editor is too long. First, you have to click on PSE 2021 which opens the Home screen with various creative options and a list of recent files. From that screen, you can choose the Organizer, the Photo Editor, or the Video Editor. Nearly always, I will want to load the Editor, so it takes another click to select it and a LONG wait for the Editor to open. I'd like to be able to directly open the Editor workspace and bypass the home screen. Is this possible? I liked the earlier versions with the Organizer and the Editor shown with separate icons you could choose.

TOPICS
How to , Mac , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021-08-31_151845.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Glenn, but you didn't notice the Mac tag on my post. Shortcuts are not possible on Macs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe some day you will need it.... I raely look at the tags...    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait! I think I just found the way to do this. Open your Applications folder in Finder view. Inside the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 folder is a subfolder named Support Files. In that Support Files folder is the Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor.app file. I discovered that clicking on the Editor.app file opens just the Editor without the home screen and everything seems to work fine. Feeling bold, I moved the Editor.app file out of the Support Files folder, but left it as a standalone in the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 folder. Realizing that I'd hardly ever need the home screen, I moved the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021.app into the Support Files folder. Now, when I want to use the PSE Editor, I go to my Applications folder, open the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 folder and click on the Editor.app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon. After doing what I described above, at first it appeared to work just fine. Now, when I try to open the Elements Editor, I'm told there are missing assets. I guess moving things around from one folder to another breaks the correct functioning. I'm back to my original question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this:

3. Create a Dock alias (Mac OS only).

Editor

• Navigate to //Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements [Version]/Support Files/.
  • Double-click Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor.app to launch the Editor.
  • Right-click the Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor icon that appears on the dock. If your mouse does not have right-click capabilities, click and hold the icon until the menu appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines