• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I upgrade a purchased Elements 2020 18.0 to a 2021?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I upgrade a purchased Elements 2020 18.0 to a 2021?

I'm not sure since I purchased and don't have the subscription.

(In Elements 2021 there's a Guided/Special Edits/Perfect landscape I want but not avaialble in 2020

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Elements is not a subscription service.  You will have to upgrade to Elements 2022 (which also has the Perfect Landscape Guided Edit).  Since you have a prior version, you are entitled to a small discount if your purchase from Adobe.  But shop around for the best deal.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Each version of Elements is independent and can coexist with other versions on the same computer.  Upgrading merely gives you the opportunity to purchase the newer version at a discount.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements is not a subscription service.  You will have to upgrade to Elements 2022 (which also has the Perfect Landscape Guided Edit).  Since you have a prior version, you are entitled to a small discount if your purchase from Adobe.  But shop around for the best deal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking more like upgrading my current 2020 to 2022, in the way of an 'add on' (?) maybe that's not possible, I didn't want to actually purchase a 'new' edition of Elements (2022), but I see it's really not all that expensive at $69, on sale at B & *.

Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each version of Elements is independent and can coexist with other versions on the same computer.  Upgrading merely gives you the opportunity to purchase the newer version at a discount.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again, any idea where in the Adobe website to find that discount?

I was just looking and couldn't find other than to download 2022 as a trial or having a serial number.....

At this point I'm curious what kind of discount they would give, comapred to the $69 I'm seeing elsewhere for the full download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again, any idea where in the Adobe website to find that discount?

Click the Buy Now link on the Photoshop Elements web page and use the dropdown menu in the Type field to see both Upgrade and Full version prices

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/buy-elements.html

JohnWaller_1-1649394328348.png

compared to the $69 I'm seeing elsewhere for the full download.

I would personally always go for the full download if you can get it for that price from Amazon or other reputable resellers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much!

After seeing the upgrade is the more expensive than what I could get shopping around, as you suggested, I went for the full download from another source!

Thanks again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines