• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not access camera raw file in Elements 2020

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently have Elements 20.  When trying to open camera raw (.dng) file created by Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, the editor gives following message: "Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document. I could open the same photo which Samsung created as a .jpg file, but I am not sure that it is the same thing.  my camera raw version is 12.0.0.321 and the update button is grayed out indicating no update available.  If this is so, will an upgrade to Elements 22 solve the problem?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Camera requires ACR 13.2.

Go here, download and install ACR 14.1:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

AFTER THAT: you will have to manually install it into PSE.
The following link provides those instructions- it's not difficult- all you are doing is copying 1 file and pasting it into a different folder.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/camera-raw-update-not-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.  I have done the steps that you suggested.  In my Elements Editor, the "About" for Camera Raw shows that the version is 14.1.0.993.  It still won't open the .dng files. BUT it will open .jpg files. So, with the .jpg file open, I have the editing features available in Camera Raw, but I am not sure that it is 'raw' data.

Bob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did download ACR 14.1 and manully install it.  I actually got the Raw Editing work by attaching my camera to my computer and opening the file in Editor directly from the DCIM Raw File (DNG) from the camera.  Previously, I was moving the files from my camera to computer storage.  Since my inquiry, I have successfully opened camera raw files. Also, have upgraded to Adobe PhotoShop Elements 2022.  Camera Raw works fine so long as I open the camera raw file directly from the camera.  Thank you all for you help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines