• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Organizer Learn?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have bought Photoshop Elements, the editor it is working great. I got many family photos scanned and cropped with the Rectangular Marque. I would never change from Photoshop. That being said, the Organizer has issues. I have too many photos, so the Organizer can't read them all. I set it up so not all of my photos would go into the Organizer also, just the ones I thought would be fun to view and alter from time to time. But, this is only 50 percent of my photos. I collect dolls and take doll photos, but the Organizer, thinks the dolls are people, but it can't tell which doll. In fact, it also take the graphic box art, which is either a artist drawing of a doll or sometimes another photography of a box, and gives it a random name. I have to take pictures of the boxes to help with the doll ID. So, I tried to teach Photoshop which doll was which. I spent hours trying to tell it which doll was which, and giving it the names for the dolls as if they were people, but it did not get any smarter. It still picks any random doll and pairs it was any name. I also tried to delete the IDs that were wrong. Now, I just dread opening it all, so I don't open it. I have backed it up also to Dropbox, as it insists on being backed up. But, I just don't want to use anymore. I guess I should just not click on it. I have to say, the program is too big and heavy and takes way too long to load. If they would just sell Elements Editor without the Organizer, that would be my idea sort of program.

All my photos are organized. Dolls are in folders on Windows sorted by type of doll and then each individual doll. The same with my pet photos, family and friends, and garden photos. I love to sort things, so I love to do this myself. I did like the idea of being able to be shown photos and maybe just tweak them from time to time, but is not that important. The image recognition is the same as what I am seeing in Google Images. Google takes all my fashion dolls and labels them as "Barbie", when many of them are not the Barbie Mattel Brand. I was hoping the program would learn which doll was which if I started to teach it by labeling the dolls. Most them are dolls I only saved the photos of for ID reasons. I am afraid to let it have a go at my actually friends and family now. I wonder it, if can learn people's faces as you go? But it is already so overburdened, I don't think I should add them. I should delete the catalog, and make a smaller catalog. Has any one done this? All you do is tell it to read only some of your folders and not all if them.

How many photos can Organizer handle without freezing and crashing? If you have preorganized your folders, maybe Organizer could use that to learn the names of your friends and family? It would make sense when I have done all the work for Organizer, that it could use that to learn things. It could learn your pets names. I don't know if can tell a dog from a cat. Organizer should organize all the photos of a certain cat "Fluffy" together. There would be a lot of useful outcomes, if it could learn this. If Fluffy was a big black cat with long hair, you could give Fluffy a name once, and after that it would know what to do. Most people have more photos of their pets then of friends and family.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?